Not open for further replies.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
"To trifle with the vocabulary, which is the vehicle of social intercourse, is to tamper with the currency of human intelligence." - Samuel Johnson
Well this is awkward. I misread Samuel Jackson. I had Jules pointing with gun and reciting in my mental image.

The image is mental in many meanings of the word.

Reactions: MinJerkBen

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Those guys get it: if the Canes make the playoffs, they go deep. One day, we'll win it all again (crosses fingers)

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Mmm... punsch.

havanna-club-punsch-img-16794.jpg

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Bookmark all these and tell us at the end of the season that we were stupid for not realizing that Goat was a World Class Goal Scorer. I will be delighted to Eat Crow at that point.

Shit, that's too much work....I'll just count on you guys telling me that I was so very wrong....or begrudgingly tell me I was almost right. :naughty:

With all the herbs and spices being sprinkled around in this thread, that crow might end up being tasty.

With all the talk about "herb", I just assumed that some of the spices would include THC or at least CBD....:D

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You could make the argument that Svech, Foegele, McGinn, and Staal are "power forwards" although maybe not the typical archetypes.

I consider Foegele and McGinn as Grinders. So, gritty and such but I always thought of the penultimate power forward as Lucic (in his prime) one end of the spectrum and an Eric Cole on the other. Able to blast through defensemen, netfront presence, lots of scoring and hopefully laying big hits.

BTW is Foegele on a one-way deal? If not, as much as I dig that guy, I'd prefer Goat on the squad.

Hey, this is a great problem to have as a fan- not having enough slots on the team for the impressive prospects, so not really complaining.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I consider Foegele and McGinn as Grinders. So, gritty and such but I always thought of the penultimate power forward as Lucic (in his prime) one end of the spectrum and an Eric Cole on the other. Able to blast through defensemen, netfront presence, lots of scoring and hopefully laying big hits.

BTW is Foegele on a one-way deal? If not, as much as I dig that guy, I'd prefer Goat on the squad.

Hey, this is a great problem to have as a fan- not having enough slots on the team for the impressive prospects, so not really complaining.
I'm pretty sure that all the games Foegele played last season rendered him eligible for waivers if the team tried to send him to Charlotte.

Reactions: cptjeff

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'm pretty sure that all the games Foegele played last season rendered him eligible for waivers if the team tried to send him to Charlotte.
Yes but it's close: signing at 21 makes him exempt from waivers until three years from signing or 80 NHL games played, whichever comes first.

His regular season counter stopped at 77 NHL games in the spring, but them darn playoffs gave him 15 more.

Reactions: Roboturner913

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Summer almost over, and so is our thread.

... but, there is no mod to pick up the cue and actually lock it, so I'm left hanging here like some live TV reporter who got nothing but the red light on the camera just keeps on.

Reactions: Roboturner913

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
If you had Brady Tkachuk as your first goal scorer of 2019-20 in :25 feel free to pick up your winnings at the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad