OT: New York Riveters/NY area women's hockey discussion

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The outreach that the NWHL does for their fans is second to none in pro leagues.

After every game, the players stay and sign autographs for all the fans in attendance. They are constantly running clinics.

This morning before the skills competition, they had an on-ice clinic for young girls in the area with all the players.

That is good to hear. I hope all they do works.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Rivs just signed and added to the roster their top pick from the 2016 draft, Kelsey Koelzer. She is the real deal. She'd be the best RD on the Rangers. Rivs already have one of the best bluelines in the league, and they just got better.

They really may be able to give Boston a run for the championship this year.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
On the last day of the season, the Riveters ended the Prides perfect season. 16-1. The Pride haven't lost since last January.

Fitzgerald with an amazing game in net. 40 saves on 42 shots.

Playoffs now.

Beauts @ Rivs on Friday.
Whale @ Pride on Thursday.
Finals on Sunday.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Pride easily beat the Whale yesterday (8-2) to advance to the finals on Sunday.

Rivs hosting the Beauts tonight. Puck-drop at 730. Winner goes to the championship game...

http://www.nwhl.zone/video

Here's a list of players I'd prefer on the Rangers over Tanner Glass: http://www.nwhl.zone/roster/show/3209760?subseason=378753

MFW obvious hyperbole isn't picked up on

tumblr_o7jr7uvL2F1vohzoxo1_500.gif

(but I also honestly believe that there are better hockey players in the NWHL than Tanner Glass)

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Buffalo with the MAJOR upset over Boston in the finals.

Brianne McLaughlin, looking to retire after the season, made SIXTY saves to lead the Beauts to a 3-2 victory. 55 minutes of shutout hockey before Boston came on strong at the end with two goals.

What a game.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Buffalo with the MAJOR upset over Boston in the finals.

Brianne McLaughlin, looking to retire after the season, made SIXTY saves to lead the Beauts to a 3-2 victory. 55 minutes of shutout hockey before Boston came on strong at the end with two goals.

What a game.

Was an excellent goaltending clinic. I wish more people watch and supported the NWHL. I interviewed Brianne on my show a little more than a year ago and am happy she was a key part to winning this city a trophy :handclap:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Was an excellent goaltending clinic. I wish more people watch and supported the NWHL. I interviewed Brianne on my show a little more than a year ago and am happy she was a key part to winning this city a trophy :handclap:

Me too, man, me too. Next year is going to be tough without any of the USWNT participating in the season to prepare for the Olympics. Should give a lot of other players some opportunity to get the pro spotlight.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Big 2-0 win vs Canada last night. USA was totally dominant. Shannon Szabados really kept Canada in the game, could've been way more of a win than just 2-0.

This team USA is a total dynasty in the making.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Me too, man, me too. Next year is going to be tough without any of the USWNT participating in the season to prepare for the Olympics. Should give a lot of other players some opportunity to get the pro spotlight.

I like going to Beauts games here. With the Olympic prep I'm excited to see what the Buffalo ladies will bring. They signed somebody from a stones throw away from my home recently. It's a fun time and the hockey is good. I can't seem to find a lot of places that sell jerseys though. Being a haggler and ebay sniper it's tough. :P

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
That set up from behind the net was sick.

Bozek is ridiculous.

The edgework on that goal. Look how far she rides the inside edge behind the net there? That's an elite c-cut.

I like going to Beauts games here. With the Olympic prep I'm excited to see what the Buffalo ladies will bring. They signed somebody from a stones throw away from my home recently. It's a fun time and the hockey is good. I can't seem to find a lot of places that sell jerseys though. Being a haggler and ebay sniper it's tough. :P

If you're gonna buy gear, you should really do it through the NWHL. Players get a cut of the jersey & shirsey sales.

http://www.nwhl.zone/shop

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Gold medal game tonight. USA v. Canada. 730. NHL Network.

Let's ****ing do this :yo:

1-1 end of 1. AV should sit Stepan down and show him video of Amanda Kessel QBing the PP from the half wall.

Last edited:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Bozek is ridiculous.

The edgework on that goal. Look how far she rides the inside edge behind the net there? That's an elite c-cut.

If you're gonna buy gear, you should really do it through the NWHL. Players get a cut of the jersey & shirsey sales.

http://www.nwhl.zone/shop

If I wasn't broke I would, I got a few shirts but can't do the jersey yet. Unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->