OT: New York Riveters/NY area women's hockey discussion

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY

Haha I've seen your NWHL related tweets throughout the season, had no idea it was you. Good stuff. I'm no advanced stats buff, but with the small sample size of games it's easy to understand the correlation with the stats. For example, seeing Babstock's differential between expected/actual production.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Haha I've seen your NWHL related tweets throughout the season, had no idea it was you. Good stuff. I'm no advanced stats buff, but with the small sample size of games it's easy to understand the correlation with the stats. For example, seeing Babstock's differential between expected/actual production.
Yeah, doing any "real" statistical analysis on the NWHL is hard because the season is so short. Doesn't mean we can't have some fun with it, though.

Reactions: FultonReed

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Can't imagine double-expansion in one off-season but, IMO, sooner and not later, there will be a team in Pittsburgh.

I read an article not long ago about there being interest in having a team in Detroit. Madison Packer posted it on her Twitter.

things seem to be looking up and it's really encouraging

Reactions: silverfish

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I think they'll pull it off tbh. Looking forward to seeing what gets said today. Don't think it'll be the last expansion announcement this offseason.
What do you know that I don't...

giphy.gif

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
i wanna somehow try and get a job helping with equipment or something. would love a career in the sport of hockey.
Keep an eye out for postings closer to the beginning of the season. I know they are always looking for volunteer helpers on gameday. It might not be directly with the team like equipment manager, but at least it's being involved in the game?

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Gonna be some major power shifts in the league this year with the USWNT members returning and Minnesota joining the fray. Riveters need all the firepower they can get :)

MFW I remember Kessel recorded 18 points in 8 games in the 16-17 season

giphy.gif

I'll never forget the first season, when Boston had at least 5 Olympians on their squad. Rivs got trounced in the first game. can't remember much aside from Brianna Decker abusing the entire team and Packer almost punching a girl in the face

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad