OT: New York Riveters/NY area women's hockey discussion

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I was totally there. it was a little unorganized but totally awesome. was great to meet them.

Hilary Knight is definitely a babe, but so are the twins and Decker too
I'm jealous.

I'd really like to get to the point in my career where if something like this comes up, I can scoot out and get to it. Or like during the summer, if it's a beautiful day out and the Yanks/Mets have a day game, just being like "f*** it, I'm going to the game".

You know, that Don Draper life.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Ah crap. I forgot about this. I was able to get out of work early, and it's not too out of the way from work that going there wouldn't have been too much of an issue.

Reactions: FultonReed

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Ah crap. I forgot about this. I was able to get out of work early, and it's not too out of the way from work that going there wouldn't have been too much of an issue.

it was a weird layout. they had 6 girls at the table, 6 girls taking pictures and then they switched. never got a chance to get signatures from the girls I got a picture with (except Decker)

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
oh and in case anyone was wondering, Gigi Marvin grew up a Nordiques/Avs fan. I pulled a Pierre and called out her hometown, too. because Warroad, MN apparently has a factory that produces pro hockey players

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
THEY WENT TO THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING AND NO ONE TOLD ME.

THAT'S WHERE I WORK

Wow this was before the NHL store, too. I'm way behind.

I can't embed the video because it has NSFW language but the Nick Cage freakout montage on YouTube on repeat right now

Last edited:
Reactions: FultonReed

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
THEY WENT TO THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING AND NO ONE TOLD ME.

THAT'S WHERE I WORK

Wow this was before the NHL store, too. I'm way behind.

I can't embed the video because it has NSFW language but the Nick Cage freakout montage on YouTube on repeat right now

Don't feel bad man. I was completely aware of all of this and still couldn't go.

But I ate today!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Me watching SF's reactions rn
MrW5mUX.gif

Reactions: Machinehead

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
At firs the Rangers ignored the women, and then they had the audacity to put the twins on with creepy uncle Al, discositng!!!!

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I was looking at Knights previous years, is there are reason she didn’t play with a team this past year?

My women’s hockey knowledge is lacking so pardon the ignorance if it’s a straight forward answer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad