GDT: New York Rangers @ Your New Jersey Devils, 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It would wash a lot of recent bad taste away if we can somehow beat the Rags today.
I've gotten into debates in regards to Rutgers football, where guys argue that it doesn't matter if you are 0-10, or 2-8. I'm very much of the opinion, that those 2 wins, are pretty significant, they give you a week where you can feel good about your team, while also stopping the negative feelings from piling up.

That kind of sounds like the same thing, but I think when the negatives pile up like that it starts to grow at an exponential rate. The 2nd shutout vs the Rag's had that feeling to it.

So agree, win here, especially off the better 2nd half yesterday, and maybe it signals an uptrend instead of a season spiraling downward.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Foote has been quite impressive all around in my viewings. His vision is criminally underrated, as he has made countless ridiculous passes that will leave you wondering how he was able to get it through. He has a nice, accurate shot that he is able to use to pick his spots pretty consistently. Sometimes, I wish he would shoot more, as he has the problem that seems to run through the entire organization of passing up wide open shots. If he was averaging closer to 3-4 shots per game (which he easily can do if he becomes slightly more shoot-first) rather than the 1.9 is averaging right now, I guarantee he would have at least 2-3 more goals knowing some of the high danger chances he has been passing up. His skating isn't amazing, and I would like to see him continue to improve in this area, because I think that is one of the things holding him back from really taking his game to the next level. He likes to slow the game down around him, drawing defenders in and using his impressive IQ to make plays and generate scoring chances. He is quite strong on the puck and uses his tall frame to effectively shield defenders quite frequently, especially when cycling the puck in the offensive zone. I think his transition game is still a little bit of a work in progress, but when he is in the offensive zone, he is quite impressive. His line of Foote - Seney - Clarke has dominated possession for 1 minute + on multiple occasions in large part because of the impressive offensive zone game of Foote and his IQ. I think he should definitely be slotting next to Nico today, as I think they would compliment each others game quite well. I don't necessarily think Foote is NHL ready yet, but I am excited for what he is going to show us today.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Are those the lines? Or just speculating? Idk why we keep playing Studenic, seems like a great guy but he stinks. Boqvist or Merkley would be more deserving (and that’s saying something). And if we want to get a look at a fresh face from the AHL it might as well be Zetterlund or Schnarr.
Just speculation. It will probably be Thompson in Studenics place.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Foote has been quite impressive all around in my viewings. His vision is criminally underrated, as he has made countless ridiculous passes that will leave you wondering how he was able to get it through. He has a nice, accurate shot that he is able to use to pick his spots pretty consistently. Sometimes, I wish he would shoot more, as he has the problem that seems to run through the entire organization of passing up wide open shots. If he was averaging closer to 3-4 shots per game (which he easily can do if he becomes slightly more shoot-first) rather than the 1.9 is averaging right now, I guarantee he would have at least 2-3 more goals knowing some of the high danger chances he has been passing up. His skating isn't amazing, and I would like to see him continue to improve in this area, because I think that is one of the things holding him back from really taking his game to the next level. He likes to slow the game down around him, drawing defenders in and using his impressive IQ to make plays and generate scoring chances. He is quite strong on the puck and uses his tall frame to effectively shield defenders quite frequently, especially when cycling the puck in the offensive zone. I think his transition game is still a little bit of a work in progress, but when he is in the offensive zone, he is quite impressive. His line of Foote - Seney - Clarke has dominated possession for 1 minute + on multiple occasions in large part because of the impressive offensive zone game of Foote and his IQ. I think he should definitely be slotting next to Nico today, as I think they would compliment each others game quite well. I don't necessarily think Foote is NHL ready yet, but I am excited for what he is going to show us today.
Thanks for this. The passing ability is huge, the ability to make smart passes and intelligent plays will be the difference between him being a third liner or top 6 IMO.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Are those the lines? Or just speculating? Idk why we keep playing Studenic, seems like a great guy but he stinks. Boqvist or Merkley would be more deserving (and that’s saying something). And if we want to get a look at a fresh face from the AHL it might as well be Zetterlund or Schnarr.

a goal by him would make for a legendary canji call

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Foote- Hughes- Kuokkanen
Sharangovich- Hischier- Johnsson
Maltsev- Boqvist- Studenic
Wood- McLeod- Bastian

Not really sure why you'd take sharangovich off hughes line when he's been producing with him...some of you guys just like shiny new things don't you.

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
I've gotten into debates in regards to Rutgers football, where guys argue that it doesn't matter if you are 0-10, or 2-8. I'm very much of the opinion, that those 2 wins, are pretty significant, they give you a week where you can feel good about your team, while also stopping the negative feelings from piling up.

That kind of sounds like the same thing, but I think when the negatives pile up like that it starts to grow at an exponential rate. The 2nd shutout vs the Rag's had that feeling to it.

So agree, win here, especially off the better 2nd half yesterday, and maybe it signals an uptrend instead of a season spiraling downward.
Why The hell would the team want to 'trend upward' right before the draft?

not like itll happen anyway with the youngest roster in the league since the 2000s

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don’t really want to break up the top line but I’d also like to see Foote with Jack eventually. They seem like an ideal match. Jack is an elite skater/puck carrier and good passer, Foote is an average skater with a big body and a wicked shot/good garbage man.

I’m definitely interested to see if Foote’s skating is good enough yet to keep up with play at the NHL level.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
iu

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Not really sure why you'd take sharangovich off hughes line when he's been producing with him...some of you guys just like shiny new things don't you.
Because I think he fits best next to Hughes, and Nico needs a shooter on his line. But thanks for your condescension.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Just getting ready for the game today.
raw

But in all seriousness, I am optimistic about today. Should be no Shitsterkin and I think the the reunited super friends line is going to cause some headaches today.

Reactions: Blender

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Was probably gonna watch for Foote then I saw the lineup lol. I know it probably won't stay like that the whole game but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->