Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers vs Dallas Constellation - 12/11/17 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm usually pretty optimistic about ALL Rangers games. A little worried about this game. Could be a letdown game, although supposedly those games don't exist anymore. Every game is worth 2 pts, and we are still trying to climb. The 2pts vs Devil's don't mean as much, if we piss this game away.

Dallas has lost 3 games in a row and probably want to end that.
Don't look now, but we are a +11, and climbing. I'm a big advocator of the +/– category. Really does tell alot about how good a team is. Rangers 6, Dallas 3. Run and gun.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
After watchng many "other games" recently. From an objective point of view......this Rangers team is fun to watch, and are one of the better passing teams. Some teams simply cannot pass east to west, and most PP's are all about point shots.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
(Un)fortunately we're back on track. Not sure how I feel about it. We're hot and it's awesome. On the other side AV is STILL HERE!!!

Sooo ... LGR!!!

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
After watchng many "other games" recently. From an objective point of view......this Rangers team is fun to watch, and are one of the better passing teams. Some teams simply cannot pass east to west, and most PP's are all about point shots.

Been saying this for years.. Most teams get point shots and charge in for rebounds. Yea we get prettier but sometimes we need that workman mentality when the pretty passes arent working

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Vally made a good point the other night and Larry refreshed my memory of it above but this team although it does not really have legit snipers on it what we do have is an excellent group of passers which open up a lot of slot lines chances hence why we are usually one of the higher scoring teams even though we don’t have superstar forwards firing 10 shots a game.

I like the lines right now if you flip Mika and Desharnais.

Paul Carey is playing great hockey and proving me wrong shocked there and I don’t know if Fast is just hot but he is playing very well and is one of the few that can elevate the puck when he gets a chance. I’d actually use him on the PP right now. Many would be shocked to hear that from me but I would. He’s been very good this year not falling all over the place. Just very solid.

Also great article by brooks today talking about hank adapting his game to being more aggressive on these clean looks against him. A lot more one on one chances in the game today and hank although he won’t admit it has slowed down so he needs to cut angles more and he’s done that. Last game we saw it quite a bit he was stepping outside of his crease a lot. I loved it. This is his best chance of extending his career. He cannot sit on the goal line anymore.

We win tonight and keep marching on.

More good news is Zibanejad skater hard this weekend.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Don't get me wrong, I think we work from the point also, (even though we don't have any booming shots) getting it through is most important and thank God for Shatty because McD is horrific and Brady is getting better.
Personally, I feel our PP would benefit from taking shots right away upon entry and making the defense scramble. In other words, take what the defense gives you. Don't pass up a decent scoring chance for the sake of "setting up".

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I have no doubt we are one of the better passing teams in the league. G*dd*mn we make some pretty passes sometimes!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Tied for least amount of road wins (4) with Arizona and Buffalo. Then again, only played 10. This team is still has a "road warrior" mentality. We will have one of the best road records when all is said and done. Difference is, we are finally winning regularly at home.
Kind of happy our PP has cooled off a bit. Why? I don't like our team "relying" on our PP. We need to play better 5v5 as this is the majority of any given game. PPG's are just icing on the cake.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
If the team manages to muster anything like they did in the last game, i am extremely optimistic about this. Crossing fingers :D

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Going out on a limb but I predict the Rangers come out flat.
That is of course the potential problem, yes.. that they were so "high up there" the last game that now everything just massively deflates for this game. But hey.. positive thoughts, lets say that they'll go on a tear for the next 10 games instead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->