Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers vs Anaheim Tuesday 10 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Incoming 2-1 win. DeAngelo scores a goal and gets an assist on a Buchnevich goal but is promptly benched next game because reasons. After scoring the goal, Buchnevich is dropped to the 4th line. We are also out shot 55-15 and in the post game AV talks about how much he liked out compete level and thinks we are ready to make a post season push. HFNYR proceeds to meltdown.

The saddest part is that despite writing that satirically, the odds of it happening aren't all that bad.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Yep same here. Especially in this draft, imagine we somehow get lucky and pick high because the lottery.
There's still the TDL coming up. They can still trade that pick position to try to get better now. If that happens, I'll need strong meds.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I’ll only be able to stay up for the first half of the game but, unless they surprise me, I’m not exactly upset about it. With this team, they’re not bad enough to go on a serious losing streak (unless Hank’s play declines a bit), so I won’t be surprised if they pull one out after dropping two in a row. But that’s kind of the problem with this team. Just because they cobble together a win to stay afloat doesn’t mean they should actually consider themselves buoyant. Much as it isn’t any fun to watch loss after loss, the best thing that could happen right now is Hank goes on a human streak or the team just collapses and we lose 8 of 10 and are forced to admit we need changes.

Deleted member 23124

Hank doesn't have to become human for us to go on an extended losing streak...with the drop in goal scoring, it's conceivable to lose a good many games by 1-0 or 2-1 scores.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Hank doesn't have to become human for us to go on an extended losing streak...with the drop in goal scoring, it's conceivable to lose a good many games by 1-0 or 2-1 scores.

For sure, but I figure this team tends to go 2-3 games with only 1-2 goals each game and then right when the entire hockey world starts perking up and saying “what’s going on with the Rangers? They’re falling out of the race right now with just their goalie holding them in it” that’s when we come out and win a game 5-1 and everyone goes back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad