Confirmed with Link: Rangers Reveal Liberty Jersey (and somehow mess it up)

Which one do you hope it's based on?

• Liberty

• 2012 Cream Winter Classic

• 2018 Navy Winter Classic

• "New York" Wordmark

• 1970's Rangers Crest

Results are only viewable after voting.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
With Lundqvist moving on, this is the first time since the late 90's that I don't have a single jersey from a current member of the team.

(Nash, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Lundqvist, Callahan, Staal, Kovalev, Jagr, Vanbiesbrouck, Richter, McDonagh, Richards, Messier, Leetch)

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I liked the cream-colored jersey so much that I took it to the paint store and had them match it to a color and painted my basement. It's called vintage white and used Royal blue on one of the walls for contrast. It looks amazing. Everyone loves it.

Amazing if this is true. Amazing if this is a joke.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
With Lundqvist moving on, this is the first time since the late 90's that I don't have a single jersey from a current member of the team.

(Nash, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Lundqvist, Callahan, Staal, Kovalev, Jagr, Vanbiesbrouck, Richter, McDonagh, Richards, Messier, Leetch)

I re-upped last year adding Kakko and Panarin. Will almost certainly be adding a Lafreniere at some point in the next few months.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Good question. It would be a lot easier for me if all the options were posted together in this thread.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
the only good "alternate" jerseys in the NHL are classic throwbacks (St Louis, Calgary, Buffalo etc), and now that so many teams are switching to throwbacks full time there is zero reason to have new alternates, let alone 2 of them. Merchandising bullshit.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I wish they could bring back the jerseys they had in 1994, they were a shade darker but soooooo much sharper

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
I wish they could bring back the jerseys they had in 1994, they were a shade darker but soooooo much sharper

Yep, especially with the red and blue v-neck striping. I never been a fan of the modern laces on the jerseys or the jersey at all. I get it’s a classic look, I just find the jerseys in the early-mid 90s better because they are sharper and colors popped better overall

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I know I’m not going to like it.
If its just reversing striping and colors then that is just lame. Not a fan.

I like a lot of the ideas presented here. Obviously the Liberty jersey is a must for me, but I have also liked something around the Shield/Crest from the 2012 Winter Classic.

Reactions: LokiDog

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If the Rangers end up with a navy Liberty jersey it will be such a letdown but typical Rangers. No creativity.

Call me a sucker for nostalgia but I would take a navy liberty reissue over what the caps are rumored to be doing, for example.

capitals-reverse-retro-screaming-eagle.jpg

NHL teases long-rumored Reverse Retro jerseys on social media

Those remind me of all the "fashion" jerseys that were available via Eastbay and Lids in the late 90s-early 00s.

Reactions: RGY

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I feel like this is the NHL’s version of the MLB Turn Ahead the Clock promotion. Which is to say, there will have been little to no design input from the teams themselves and everyone’s design is largely the same.

EDIT: Yep.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad