Confirmed with Link: Rangers Reveal Liberty Jersey (and somehow mess it up)

Which one do you hope it's based on?

• Liberty

• 2012 Cream Winter Classic

• 2018 Navy Winter Classic

• "New York" Wordmark

• 1970's Rangers Crest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
They have every right. I have every right not to buy the jersey. My original comment was fairly neutral (or so I thought) and that is: it's a bad look for the league to find ways to generate more revenue for billionaires and millionaires by looking to get in the fans' pockets during a pandemic.

In the interest a full disclosure: I am saying this a guy who doesn't buy jerseys. But I don't think that makes my point any less valid.
I have a life hack for anyone who doesn't want billionaires getting into their pockets during a pandemic: don't buy them.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
They have every right. I have every right not to buy the jersey. My original comment was fairly neutral (or so I thought) and that is: it's a bad look for the league to find ways to generate more revenue for billionaires and millionaires by looking to get in the fans' pockets during a pandemic.

In the interest a full disclosure: I am saying this a guy who doesn't buy jerseys. But I don't think that makes my point any less valid.

I get what you're saying, but a lot of NHL clubs have axed a bunch of their staff members, presumably the ones that get paid average middle class salaries (like scouts) so I think it goes beyond making the owners and players richer. The amount of money that teams might make from new jersey sales from fans who can afford it during these times might be the difference between keeping some of those staff members on board or not.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I get what you're saying, but a lot of NHL clubs have axed a bunch of their staff members, presumably the ones that get paid average middle class salaries (like scouts) so I think it goes beyond making the owners and players richer. The amount of money that teams might make from new jersey sales from fans who can afford it during these times might be the difference between keeping some of those staff members on board or not.
Those staffers have also been the ones who have been furloughed. And if they haven't and the if those positions depend on selling jerseys, let the billionaire owners find the money of those people.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
They're putting out new options to buy. If you don't have the self-control to decide if it makes financial sense for you to buy it, I hope the billionaires take all your money.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The league might have been hit by the pandemic, but so too have the fans. The financial wheels might have to continue spinning, but looking to the fans to reach into their pockets to help billions and millions, is a bad look.

The leagues' product(s) have fans as their direct consumers so selling to fans is the only way it can continue to exist / function as a result. There're no other venues to generate supplemental revenues other than TV rights and some other advertising streams. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on our social views the capitalism implies that billionaires and millionaires are the ones providing employment and facilitate (at a profit) livelihood of those in general population involved in manufacture, transportation, sales etc of their products. IMO bad look comes only if one looks only into pockets of these billionaires rather than looking at broader financial picture. And please don't @ME at global labor issues like child labor etc because it's not the topic here.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The reverse retro idea has been floated since early this year (pre pandemic) and production and planning for jerseys is at least a year process. You can say the timing might not look great but this isn’t really the NHL trying to capitalize at a time where they need more money. I’d make the argument they’re probably bringing in less money than they would if they pushed the project off a season given a shortened season and limited or no crowds at games where they could sell jerseys.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I loved the Liberty jerseys as a kid, now I think they are godawful. The logo is ugly and the jersey design is even worse, they reek of 90's design and in terms of the NHL there has never been a more garish and vulgar era. That shit spread to Sweden and some clubs have still yet to recover.

2012 Winter Classic based all the way, though I also really liked the 85th anniversary 3rds (navy with New York wordmark).

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This gives me an excuse to buy a Laf Jersey despite the fact I got Kakko last year.
I'm trying to decide who to get
So far I just have a Buchnevich home, if we get one alternate I'll be getting DeAngelo, if we get two my other pic will probably be Lafreniere. I'd like Panarin but I have a blank Russia WCH jersey so I'll probably just get Panarin on that.

Reactions: Rangers743

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I have a life hack for anyone who doesn't want billionaires getting into their pockets during a pandemic: don't buy them.

And yet thousands of people will gladly fork over money on Ebay to China for cheap knockoff "authentics"

If I only knew now what I knew then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad