Confirmed with Link: Rangers Reveal Liberty Jersey (and somehow mess it up)

Which one do you hope it's based on?

• Liberty

• 2012 Cream Winter Classic

• 2018 Navy Winter Classic

• "New York" Wordmark

• 1970's Rangers Crest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If they're bringing back two, then they know which ones to bring back if it's this board that's buying.I would do what the NBA does and give the fanbase some more options. That way you can have an experimental designs and not really sully the brand, or have an overstock of inventory.

Personally speaking, I'm of the opinion that two throwback jerseys and one to two new designs a year would be a good idea. You're going to get a positive yield. Besides, fans may not be able to purchase tickets in this environment, but perhaps they are willing to purchase other offerings. So I ask, why limit it to just two? That said, I say the cream and liberty (with better fabric technology) would be hits with the core fanbase. I would do a new take on the New York text with the three stripes in the vein of what Edmonton and Calgary did with their throwbacks.

Aesthetically, you have some beautiful and classy jerseys that should appeal to different generations. The 2012 Crest appeals to a newer audience who weren't around the Ranger fanbase as those who were in the contending years in the mid 90s.

The New York text is a classic look but a modern take on that should appeal to a much broader audience, across generations and the city. You wouldn't have to change it too much, but perhaps some better placement of the text in terms of how they are spaced, stitching, etc. After all, things that say just New York on them... that can transcend hockey. It's literally a high quality sweater that says New York. They need to nail the latter option, if you do, then alternative color schemes get easier to pull off.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Besides the Rangers (2012 WC jersey is GOAT), if there was a single team I could make wear their WC jersey again, it'd be Detroit's 2014 Red & Cream Winter Classic jersey. That was a truly beautiful jersey

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I could not agree more. a lot of tweaks required for the liberty to look good in 2020.

This fanmade jersey basically does it.

RangersConceptJersey.jpg

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Ah, confusing. Not too many teams have two legends named Graves.
Could have had the hat trick with Hilliard Graves ...once the owner of the best hip check in the NHL and who many claim was also one of the few Dave Shultz avoided on the ice....

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I have a ton of nostalgia for the liberty jersey but I also don’t actually like it. As was said above, it would require a lot of tweaks and even that fan made one, while better looking, is way too sleek and modern for our original 6 franchise.

I’d honestly more prefer something like our dark navy outdoor game and our cream outdoor game jerseys. Not direct copies, just more in that direction.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I don't think so.

Financial wheels need to continue spinning as much as possible under the circumstances.
The league might have been hit by the pandemic, but so too have the fans. The financial wheels might have to continue spinning, but looking to the fans to reach into their pockets to help billions and millions, is a bad look.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The league is in the shitter and their response is get in the fans pockets.
You're a big boy, if you don't want to spend your hard earned cash on a new jersey, the league isn't forcing you. Same goes for literally anyone else.

And it's not like the NHL is doing something out of the ordinary, every professional sports league is releasing new merchandise to try and make up for the pandemic revenue hit.

This is the definition of complaining just to complain lol

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
You're a big boy, if you don't want to spend your hard earned cash on a new jersey, the league isn't forcing you. Same goes for literally anyone else.

I know you like to fancy yourself the most interesting person on this board, but try reading what was written and not what you want to have been written to fit your next killer soundbite. I never suggested that buying a jersey is a requirement.

And it's not like the NHL is doing something out of the ordinary, every professional sports league is releasing new merchandise to try and make up for the pandemic revenue hit.

If the other leagues are doing it, then it doesn't make it right. And I find fault with those other leagues, too,

This is the definition of complaining just to complain lol

It's not complaining just to complain. As someone who has a career in marketing/advertising, it's a bad look for billionaires and millions looking to find their way into fans' pockets during a pandemic.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I mean, they aren't a nonprofit organization. It's a business. So yes, they will try to generate revenue however they can.
They have every right. I have every right not to buy the jersey. My original comment was fairly neutral (or so I thought) and that is: it's a bad look for the league to find ways to generate more revenue for billionaires and millionaires by looking to get in the fans' pockets during a pandemic.

In the interest a full disclosure: I am saying this a guy who doesn't buy jerseys. But I don't think that makes my point any less valid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad