Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | October 29th | 7PM (Lost 3-2)

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I still have no idea what Hickey has done wrong to warrant such anger from people... :dunno:

Moulson's gone and there needs to be a new scapegoat. Doesn't matter if it's Hickey, a 4th liner (Hilbert), a goaltender (who played 5-6 games-literally a year). Isles fans need a scapegoat.

IslesPanthers11

Mar 25, 2007
The play of the defensemen is disturbing, but overall, some of these players don't seem to grasp how important these rivalry and in division games are. Some of them played this like a beer league. The other team played like it was actually an important game. they suck, plain and simple. If they are going to play their worst in such big games, we are not going anywhere with this group, ever. Sadly, unless something changes drastically, I dont see them going anywhere this year, regardless of this win tonight. It was downright sickening how poorly they played against the rags

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The play of the defensemen is disturbing, but overall, some of these players don't seem to grasp how important these rivalry and in division games are. Some of them played this like a beer league. The other team played like it was actually an important game. they suck, plain and simple. If they are going to play their worst in such big games, we are not going anywhere with this group, ever.

Yeah, because they certainly didn't show up to play against Pittsburgh.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
The play of the defensemen is disturbing, but overall, some of these players don't seem to grasp how important these rivalry and in division games are. Some of them played this like a beer league. The other team played like it was actually an important game. they suck, plain and simple. If they are going to play their worst in such big games, we are not going anywhere with this group, ever. Sadly, unless something changes drastically, I dont see them going anywhere this year, regardless of this win tonight. It was downright sickening how poorly they played against the rags

:blah::headache:

IslesPanthers11

Mar 25, 2007
Yeah, because they certainly didn't show up to play against Pittsburgh.

Sure, they showed up that game. Are you telling me you were not at all bothered by their lack of show in a big game at home against the rags? a team that plays that poorly in a rivalry game like that has something wrong, without a doubt.

Plus they have shown zero ability to beat them since cappy got here, and doesn't seem to be improving at all. That's a red flag.

Back in 03-04 when we went an impressive 0-6 or (maybe 0-7) against the rags, I felt that was a red flag then too. They were a first round exit team after that.

If you can't get your act together for the biggest games of the season, that is a sign of things to come. This group, with this coaching staff, has not shown they can beat the rags. To me that is not a good sign at all. You can have your opinion too

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sure, they showed up that game. Are you telling me you were not at all bothered by their lack of show in a big game at home against the rags? a team that plays that poorly in a rivalry game like that has something wrong, without a doubt.

Plus they have shown zero ability to beat them since cappy got here, and doesn't seem to be improving at all. That's a red flag.

Back in 03-04 when we went an impressive 0-6 or (maybe 0-7) against the rags, I felt that was a red flag then too. They were a first round exit team after that.

If you can't get your act together for the biggest games of the season, that is a sign of things to come. This group, with this coaching staff, has not shown they can beat the rags. To me that is not a good sign at all. You can have your opinion too

Games in October/November are important, but are far from being the biggest games of the season.

And the atmosphere and circumstances around that particular game is what makes me not upset. The teams were racing against each other taking chance after chance, crowd was loud, and it was the first game for Vanek. It's not like our team was firing on all cylinders before that game.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Games in October/November are important, but are far from being the biggest games of the season.

And the atmosphere and circumstances around that particular game is what makes me not upset. The teams were racing against each other taking chance after chance, crowd was loud, and it was the first game for Vanek. It's not like our team was firing on all cylinders before that game.

They will be at the end of the season when you're looking for points you should have gotten.

IslesPanthers11

Mar 25, 2007

I would agree partly. I too thought of that, which is why I didn't exactly like the timing of the trade. But it had to be done imo.

But I'm really talking about how overall, this team does not play well against the ragners. It's a concern. I mean, even when Al had last place teams that they were building, they always played very well against them because they had heart. If you can let your fans down the way they did the other day, I quiestion their heart, at least of some of them

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They will be at the end of the season when you're looking for points you should have gotten.

You can question every loss or division loss then. Teams lose to others in their division, it happens.

If they get swept by their division, that's a real issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad