Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Dallas Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yes, please turn the other cheek in classic AV style. Don't do anything stupid like taking a guy's number, then driving him through the boards.
Oh good. A second person who thinks that we want to turn this into the No Hitting League, when all we really want is not intentionally causing injury, which is what NPL is advocating for.

I'm fine with hard checking and whatnot, but there is a line.

Driving someone "through the boards" is completely uneccesary.

The aim is to get someone off the puck, not end their career.

And LOL to the idea of going after officials. In any sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Wow, I live 25 min from AA arena and I can get tix for really cheap (nose bleeds for $8, a few rows behind the bench for $108).... but not going. This team blows and Raw is more important. lol

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Personally I too advocate for mindless violence against referees when my feelings are hurt.

I also eat rocks for sustenance.

I call BS. You used the word sustenance and you didn’t misspell anything. I’m not buying rock eating Neanderthal.

Worked until 6am last night, just got up to get ready for a two hour drive down to Dallas for the game. Feels like I’m putting in more effort to be there than the Rangers will likely be. If my wife and I hadn’t gotten a hotel room and made a little mini trip of it it probably wouldn’t be worth it.

Reactions: Bob Richards

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Like, I think the Forsberg hit was dirty and that he's an ******* for deliberately injuring Vesey. But from my point of view, the proper way to handle that would have been for someone to steamroll the guy, legal hits are fine, they can be menacing enough. Or the best option, for someone able to instigate a fight.
Totally legit. I remember when Kreider used to actually hit people. He hit one guy so hard 5 feet from the boards, it wound up as a boarding major. AV sure put a stop to that.

I never saw guys like Lucic worry about hitting guys too hard.

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
Along with the Mac deal I was told that Nash to San Jose is getting close!

Last edited:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
We wanted Nash and Jumbo Joe together once. How the tables have turned.

I was upset when Gaborik was dealt away. Feeling incredibly indifferent about Nash, though.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Trap game better not overlook Dallas to be distracted by NBC Wednesday Night Rivalry War presented by Chase Bridges on Wednesday night on NBC.

Rivalry are exciting times indeed for playoff bound in season, but one shift, one period, one L at a time.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Trap game better not overlook Dallas to be distracted by NBC Wednesday Night Rivalry War presented by Chase Bridges on Wednesday night on NBC.

Rivalry are exciting times indeed for playoff bound in season, but one shift, one period, one L at a time.

Who are we playing on Wednesday? I don't care enough to look ahead in the schedule at this point.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Along with the Mac deal I was told that Nash to San Jose is getting close!
I don't want to see Mac traded. I'd like to see him play under a different coach [here with NYR] before we bail on him. It's no coincidence that his play peaked the first year AV was here and has been on the steady decline since.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I don't want to see Mac traded. I'd like to see him play under a different coach [here with NYR] before we bail on him. It's no coincidence that his play peaked the first year AV was here and has been on the steady decline since.

His play is not the main reason he is likely to be traded. He will be a UFA next summer and also will turn 30. He’ll be getting 7-8 years at 7.5Mish. That’s a bad commitment and for once, we’re trying to be smart and not be the team to make the mistake. Instead, we can sell high on him, get some really good talent for the future (which we need) and let someone else hand out the lengthy extension.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
His play is not the main reason he is likely to be traded. He will be a UFA next summer and also will turn 30. He’ll be getting 7-8 years at 7.5Mish. That’s a bad commitment and for once, we’re trying to be smart and not be the team to make the mistake. Instead, we can sell high on him, get some really good talent for the future (which we need) and let someone else hand out the lengthy extension.
I can't argue with this, the problem is we'll need another D man like him. Just like after Yandle got traded, we needed his skill set but the coach had no idea how to use him. It's deja vu all over again.

Off topic: The Islanders seriously believe they are getting Karlsson.
If that happens, I'll never watch hockey again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad