Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks - November 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
On a positive note, Kreider's 6 weeks plus without an assist has come to an end.

Resume the bashing of the players we are allowed to bash.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Nick Holden hasn't been a problem. Staal and Kampfer need to get lost, Staal just kills our transition game, I don't care how good he might be in his own zone. Everytime he joins the rush it's a turnover or we just don't generate offense from it. He can't move the puck. But of course he would never be sat, he's just too valuable.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Another loss vs a playoffs team just strengthen my theory that we should not aim for wildcard this year - not that we can do much they will try to win each game.

Is this new theory as strong as the one you had going into november? You know, the one where you said Rangers would lose 5 out 6 before the team went on a 6 game winning streak.

Did it strengthen or weaken your "theory" when Rangers won against Tampa, the best team in all of hockey atm? Or how about the win against Nashville, a cup finalist? What about the wins against Edmonton, Montreal, Boston and Colombus? All playoff teams last season.

I am not trying to be a dick but you do post the most random and bizarre stuff around here :laugh:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yeah, Stepan has his team on his back and is marching them to the Cup.

Arizona is just a bad team all around. For the Rangers to lose a center like Stepan with his 55-60 points a year and good defensive play and replace him with the likes of DD has hurt our center depth immeasurably. This is indisputable.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nick Holden hasn't been a problem. Staal and Kampfer need to get lost, Staal just kills our transition game, I don't care how good he might be in his own zone. Everytime he joins the rush it's a turnover or we just don't generate offense from it. He can't move the puck. But of course he would never be sat, he's just too valuable.
The concept of a stay at home defense man is not dead. By and large, Stall has been fine.

Reactions: trilobyte

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Smith in for Kampfer at practice

Banish Kampfer to the shadow realm so I never have to see him suck for this team again
Im glad this is finally happening, but holy shit AV is the most laughably predictable coach there is.

shuffle the line up after a loss, keep it the same after a win.

his personnel decisions are based entirely on the outcome of the game, and not how players performed.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Im glad this is finally happening, but holy **** AV is the most laughably predictable coach there is.

shuffle the line up after a loss, keep it the same after a win.

his personnel decisions are based entirely on the outcome of the game, and not how players performed.

We've reached a new level in terms of weird complaints this season.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
We've reached a new level in terms of weird complaints this season.
Its a good idea in theory, but AV treats it like gospel. Players can still deserve to sit after wins. There have been quite a few players that have deserved to be benched over the last winning streak, but accountability doesn't matter if your teammates bail you out!

the problem is that it doesn't matter how bad a payer is, if the team wins in spite of that player, they stay in the lineup because the team won.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A new game tomorrow - new chances! :)
It`s fine @Siddi , but it`s not about the winning streak at all, but about my prediction before the season started if you find the topic and quote me on it! Rangers will not reach the playoffs this year and it was based on lack of depth among other things like a horrific backup goalie.

AV is like uhm, we will not have an exact amount of games for Henrik this year, hehe - like Pavelec will be busy in net for us, I highly doubt it and things like that is easy to notice if u read between the lines and listen to interviews.
But after some years on this forum there are two persons I prefer not to argue with it`s u @Siddi and another person I will have sometimes on a 24 hours ignore, because how you discuss and participate is not helping the topic or other to participate on the forum. And my main reason I usually avoid talking anything about Henrik on the HF boards
- if I dislike his game I log on my twitter account and tweet to New York Rangers official twitter instead - or add Jim Cerney to get a discussion about it and actually talk about Henrik, and not the person who had an opinion about something related to New York Rangers.

And sometimes I post an url/link to an official news media source who write about Henrik instead - which I sometimes agree with the journalist and just post his/her opinion without getting involved in the discussion here, but don`t bother to reply. I will add a 24 hours ignore, and I usually give a person second chances to let them be heard on the forum until next game day tomorrow friday.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Well, I'm not hearing Emerick's voice anymore, so that's a silver lining.
I kept thinking to myself, “what words is this guy using?” Is he for real? The words he uses are not the correct words. So many pitchforks and knives. Actually the guy should be checked out.

Reactions: trilobyte

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I kept thinking to myself, “what words is this guy using?” Is he for real? The words he uses are not the correct words. So many pitchforks and knives. Actually the guy should be checked out.

Doc has been using those words for years.

New level of incompetence was JR repeatedly saying JT Hayes.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Too many players dogging it last night. JT Miller was hard to watch: kept taking long shifts and would glide for the back half. Nieves was falling all over the ice every time he moved. First PP unit had trouble settling the puck.

The game ends differently if we played the ice differently. Puck was bouncing a lot in the O-Zone the first and third period. Too many just misses on passes. Too many 'chances' without a shot on net.

I didn't see anything that makes me worry. We played as well as the Hawks most of the game. But AV is right about one line showing up. For some it seemed an issue of effort, but mostly it just looked like players weren't catching breaks and weren't adjusting to that fact. If you're playing against the ice, get shots on goal, get pucks below the goal line. Sometimes we did, but mostly we didn't play the game in front of us.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Its a good idea in theory, but AV treats it like gospel. Players can still deserve to sit after wins. There have been quite a few players that have deserved to be benched over the last winning streak, but accountability doesn't matter if your teammates bail you out!

the problem is that it doesn't matter how bad a payer is, if the team wins in spite of that player, they stay in the lineup because the team won.

Individual players and their performance are less important than the formula overall and the end of the equation. Something that’s been lost in all the noise in recent years as much more focus has been put on individual contribution than ever before. There’s always going to be an X factor in team performance and coaches are always going to be trying to find it.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If that’s what you took out of that post then I’m sorry.

If it helps you get through the rest of the day, I thought/still think it was a **** goal to give up.

Yeah it was - but Crawford equalized that by letting in a Nash stinker.

3 or 4 goals from the blue paint isn't on the goalie. It's on the team not picking up players and getting sticks on sticks. Anisimov's three were terrible defensive lapses and, what's worse, they did it three times with the same guy. Awful.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I agree. It was good long term move considering his salary and NMC kicking in. My point is it has hurt this year not having him and Ranta.
I think we miss Raanta more. The Rangers currently have some of the worst goaltending in the league.

DD is just a stopgap, I'm very happy with Zibanejad and Hayes tho.

Reactions: Ori

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Completely different game if Hank gets the same quick whistle on the first goal that Crawford got.
The thing that killed me about the first goal was that it was clear from Hank's body language he didn't know where the puck was or if he had it. He shouldn't have gotten the whistle. And what should have happened was that guys should have busted their ass back. Kreider knew something was up, he was gliding back to the net, but didn't put in in high gear until he actually saw the puck squeaking loose. By then it was too late.

I was never a good player, but I played D. Whenever my guy made a save I immediately hustled back just in case something like this happened. Playing beer league it happened a lot. I saved a lot of goals in my life just by hustling back. Obviously at the NHL level you don't expect those pucks to get through, but you should still get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad