Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
tumblr_lnhcbowgEf1qdford.gif

"I WARNED YOU HENRIK"

I mean we can make up any past we want no?

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
So is the College, So is the CHL, So is all the european leagues so? What hes doing as a 19 year old along with Chytil is very impressive please it is very stupid to compare someone to Manny f***ing Malhotra despite him having 1 good D+1 season
I just don’t think the skill level is there. Hope I am wrong.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He's been productive in the SHL, WJC and now the AHL...

I mean it doesn't mean that he'll carry it over to the NHL, but people are acting like hes been horrible this season. He hasn't.

I don't care how skilled he is if he's productive.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

I’m getting really agitated (damn autocorrect) by the Lias assessments at HF. Not you in particular, so please don’t think I am singling you out

Andersson does not have the stand out skills that scouts often write about. The dangles and snipes and threaded needle passes.

But he has adequate hands, shot, etc. more than adequate but I certainly won’t argue elite or exceptional.

He does have one absolutely elite skill though and nearly EVERYONE is underrating how significant it can be. HOCKEY SENSE.

Nail Yakupov? Mikhail Grigorenko? Skilled. Skilled out the butt. No hockey sense. Andersson? Skilled... not at all to the extent when it comes to fancy dekes or saucer passes, sure... but 100x the hockey sense.

And THIS is why he produces everywhere he goes. He may not be noticeable. He certainly won’t be flashy often. But he’ll be THERE. Where? In the right spot. 95% of the time. He’ll be there. That’s more valuable than a fancy shootout move. The kid is going to produce.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
^Just to play devils advocate, same was said of Sam Reinhart.

Reinhart had 42 and then 47 points so he was tracking pretty well. Buffalo has been awful this year. Worse than they were anticipated to be. I’m not convinced Reinhart doesn’t benefit from a change of scenery. Or just some patience. Reinhart also wasn’t physically as mature as Andersson who has a stockier build, has been playing against men and projects as having a better physical and two-way game. You’re not wrong. But it’s early to be closing the book on Sam Reinhart as well. 47 points a year ago. On pace for 41 this year in a clearly disappointing season. He can definitely still be a 55 point player. He’s only 22.

Reactions: shinchanyo

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m getting really agitated (damn autocorrect) by the Lias assessments at HF. Not you in particular, so please don’t think I am singling you out

Andersson does not have the stand out skills that scouts often write about. The dangles and snipes and threaded needle passes.

But he has adequate hands, shot, etc. more than adequate but I certainly won’t argue elite or exceptional.

He does have one absolutely elite skill though and nearly EVERYONE is underrating how significant it can be. HOCKEY SENSE.

Nail Yakupov? Mikhail Grigorenko? Skilled. Skilled out the butt. No hockey sense. Andersson? Skilled... not at all to the extent when it comes to fancy dekes or saucer passes, sure... but 100x the hockey sense.

And THIS is why he produces everywhere he goes. He may not be noticeable. He certainly won’t be flashy often. But he’ll be THERE. Where? In the right spot. 95% of the time. He’ll be there. That’s more valuable than a fancy shootout move. The kid is going to produce.
I hope you’re right. The rangers have a ton of talent at the moment but not much hockey sense.

Reactions: will1066

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I hope you’re right. The rangers have a ton of talent at the moment but not much hockey sense.

Given the roster and injuries , they are definitely playing as what they are and I’m the right spot in the standings.

Also, a lot of times when an NHL player is said to have “talent” yet lack “hockey sense”, it usually means that’s a wishful thinking way to describe s player not be as good as billed.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So you guys want to tank AND complain about the team playing poorly? Pick one HFNYR!
What’s the problem with people wanting to tank if the board content hasn’t changed? Criticizing the team is the norm, and is a lot more interesting than becoming another board that spends years doing nothing but debating the ethics of being a sports fan.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It’s not making up that AV fumbled Vancouver and it’s goalie situation eventually leading to both of their good goalies getting traded out and a ugly rebuild

It's the same reason I haven't been busting on Rick Nash this year. The ship sailed with him, and he's not the reason this team is nose diving.

I mean given the decay of the team, the injuries, and management saying they will clear house, is it even funny to do the AV thing anymore?

How does it even apply.

And on a side note, Luongo choked.

And this ...umm...just no...

How many times has Luongo been moved in his career?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
What pisses me off is AV has another excuse to keep his job. "Look at our roster, it's not competitive." That his system is a joke won't be mentioned.

That neither Lundqvist nor Luongo or Schneider are good enough in AV's system won't be mentioned either.

How fun it will be to watch this team continue to collapse like a wet napkin, which they wouldn't do in a more conservative system, that actually works.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
What pisses me off is AV has another excuse to keep his job. "Look at our roster, it's not competitive." That his system is a joke won't be mentioned.

That neither Lundqvist nor Luongo or Schneider are good enough in AV's system won't be mentioned either.

How fun it will be to watch this team continue to collapse like a wet napkin, which they wouldn't do in a more conservative system, that actually works.

When AV first came on board you could see the confusion on the ice - the Rangers struggling to defend the slot - the tons of amazing scoring chances against. They lost a couple of games by horrendous margins (remember the 9 goal loss to SJ?).

It seems to me like it took ungodly effort and focus to play the AV system, which somehow they managed for a few seasons. I want to say principally thanks to Lundqvist but also to some very good team defense.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I just feel the way they play is too much for the skill and youth levels of the players.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
It's the same reason I haven't been busting on Rick Nash this year. The ship sailed with him, and he's not the reason this team is nose diving.

I mean given the decay of the team, the injuries, and management saying they will clear house, is it even funny to do the AV thing anymore?

How does it even apply.

And on a side note, Luongo choked.

And this ...umm...just no...

How many times has Luongo been moved in his career?
Yes because being traded a couple times means you’re a bad player..

I’ll stop calling Gretzky the great one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->