Speculation: New York Rangers and Steve Yzerman Intersted in Each Other???

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
well he did draft Howden, Hajek and Namest ... and Smith

i will only believe it when it happens,
word has been the family wants back to Detroit area, since the rumors began he would step away from TBL

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is very interesting. Thought he wanted to go back home to Detroit. Will be awesome
If it happens.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I heard Don Legreca say this too. Would have to think even with Yzerman wanting to be close home That the rangers job being open changes things.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

word has been the family wants back to Detroit area, since the rumors began he would step away from TBL
Yeah, I think he ends up in Detroit and John Davidson takes the job for us. Yzerman would be unreal though

Reactions: bernmeister

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Heart votes for JD.
Head votes for Stevie Y.
Reality is Gorton probably slides up and Drury follows. There's no benefit to bringing in a new philosophy 2 years into the rebuild.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Have to wonder if the quotes Holland indicating he doesn't plan on going anywhere anytime soon recently is making Yzerman consider the rangers job now.

If Holland tries to pseudo run the show still from a president position and doesn't give Yzerman full autonomy as GM I could see why he would look elsewhere if Detroit was the original plan

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Have to wonder if the quotes Holland indicating he doesn't plan on going anywhere anytime soon recently is making Yzerman consider the rangers job now.

If Holland tries to pseudo run the show still from a president position and doesn't give Yzerman full autonomy as GM I could see why he would look elsewhere if Detroit was the original plan
Doubt it. Holland can't comment on anything other than what he's been saying. Yzerman is rumored the Detroit job and Holland is in the running for the Seattle job.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Namestnikov was merely a pawn.

He knew we would trade Tampa's pick to move up for K'Andre Miller. After he wins four Norris trophies, we'll let Namestnikov induct him into the HHOF for his role.

Or Namestnikov is helping with the tank, like Yzerman's secret agent, so Yzerman himself doesn't have to endure those years.

It's an interesting story. I still think the stars are aligned for Detroit.

Reactions: Machinehead

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
I'd assume Yzerman would have, in the very least, the slightest interest in every and all management positions that are currently open.

BTW, does Brooks have psychics as sources? How can someone have knowledge of ones thinking?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

This ^.
Stevie Y for part time consultant
based in Motown, comes to NY as nec.

Heart votes for JD.
Head votes for Stevie Y.
Reality is Gorton probably slides up and Drury follows. There's no benefit to bringing in a new philosophy 2 years into the rebuild.
extend the current regime is my vote also, but JD as a consultant as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad