GDT: New York Paul Rangers at Washington Capitals -- 10/16/13, 8PM

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
If we see the same lines at practice 2moro.....

If they come out practicing with the same lines that will about do it for me watching them until something is changed. There's absolutely no reason why Oates shouldn't shake things up after that pathetic attempt of anything near a NHL caliber game. I feel sorry for the season ticket holders that paid that kind of money to watch this crap. I can find something better to do with my time than watch the same old borefest we got with Hunter hockey. But with Hunter, at least we were good at one thing, now we just suck at every aspect of hockey. I mean, FFS, we can't even make basic, fundamental passes that I've seen the mites on ice make during intermissions.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I think it's obvious that Oates wants his system to be a territorial, possession system. Sustained pressure in the offensive zone, with cycling along the boards leading to scoring chances. Defensively they overload the strong side to break up the opponent's cycle. The problem is that the personnel either aren't executing it or are being put in a position to fail. When we establish the cycle, we almost never get it to the center of the ice to create a scoring chance. More often, most of the lines can't even establish the cycle, though.

Defensively they stand in the slot and stare at the same person.

Then they follow a guy around and instead of doing any stick checks or trying to smother him.

Its not the young defenseman chasing the puck around, its the damn system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad