News Article: "New York, Let's Go to Work" - Keith Yandle; Players' Tribune

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Why are people being so critical? He's a hockey player...not Ernest Hemingway.

Anyway, thanks for linking the article. Gotta love Yandle's passion for our team.

LGR!!!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I liked it. It's a good article. Seems like he's had a great time as a Ranger. Maybe he'll give us a good discount to stay.

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
Keith's awesomeness just increased 10-fold with this article. However, its not gonna mean **** when he signs elsewhere for slightly more $$$

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I hated that article it made me sick. It sounds like the Rangers bathe in a snuggles fabric softener whirlpool. I bet they get their water bottles served on large silver trays by guys named Jeeves.

Nah, it was a good article, a pretty cool fanboy read, if you're a fanboy.

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
I liked it. It's a good article. Seems like he's had a great time as a Ranger. Maybe he'll give us a good discount to stay.

Agree - no need to be critical or expect Yandle to be a gifted writer. It's enough for me that he is at worst our 2nd best defenseman and enjoys playing for the Rangers. Hopefully they will find a way to sign him - will be very difficult to make that work. We would be dead without him this year. Seems responsible for about 1/2 of our big goals during the 2nd half of the season.

hawthorne*

They're all ghostwritten, which shows. They all sound exactly the same, like different short stories by the same author.

That being said, this was a lovely read. I think this is a tightly-knit team and all country club jokes aside, I think this organization spoils its players. Not in a bad way though, just treating them very well. I hope Yandle agrees to whatever money we can offer him, like Zucc did. It's sad to see players like G and Staal (and Nash) sitting on contracts they don't deserve.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
That country club atmosphere is one of the reasons everyone waives their NMC's to come here. It's not all about being in New York City.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Did anyone notice this?

dFXsWjG.png

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I really like Keith Yandle the player and I also really like Keith Yandle the person. His celebrations are amazing and he seems like probably the most vocal guy on the team. He's definitely huge in the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->