GDT: New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens-2/21/13 7:30pm EST TSN-Habs,RDS(HD),TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
The Islanders may not be a top team, but they are much better than they used to be. They have some very good players in Tavares, Moulson, Grabner and a rejuvenated Brad Boyes. I like their defense. Between Harmonic, MacDonald, Streit, Strait and Visnovsky, they have a solid combination of skill and sound defensive play. Their biggest downfall right now is probably the coaching staff and their goalies (although Nabokov has been decent).

The Canadiens have been playing very well, especially at home. I like the odds. I just hope the players won't take the Islanders for granted.

Doesn't look like Strait is playing. That could save some confusion

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
How is Grabner on the 4th line? Would love to see him in a Habs' sweater.

I'm assuming those lines were copied from our GDT which is inaccurate. The 2nd line listed is actually the 4th and the 3rd and 4th listed is actually the 2nd and 3rd. Grabs was just recently demoted to the 3rd line in yet another perplexing move from our brilliant coach..

-Strait suffered a broken ankle on Monday is out for probably the entire season

Pretty excited to get to see Galchenyuk play.. Cheers.

All Me

Mar 4, 2012
Hello mtl fans, question ..do you have any big hitters on the Canadians this season?
Anyone on the team can hit with our Matt Martin...yep the same one that turned Hal Gill upside down a few times in one game.;)

emelin

BeBen*

As much as i thought we'd lose the one against the Rangers, i would be so pissed if we ended up losing this one

Please keep the streak going for the love of all that is holy...

TheBabysitter*

Hello mtl fans, question ..do you have any big hitters on the Canadians this season?
Anyone on the team can hit with our Matt Martin...yep the same one that turned Hal Gill upside down a few times in one game.;)

wtf, like seriously lol

e46330ivs*

please read what you write before pressing enter!

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

Ryan White. The one who beat Martin in a fight last season.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country

Fighters or hitters?

We have a few decent hitters (Notably Emelin who is a top 5 hitter).

We don't have anyone to fight Martin really. I guess Prust could end up fighting him, but I don't see the point really.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Fighters or hitters?

We have a few decent hitters (Notably Emelin who is a top 5 hitter).

We don't have anyone to fight Martin really. I guess Prust could end up fighting him, but I don't see the point really.

Martin is not a heavy weight or anything really... He's pretty much the equivalent to White. But I've never seen Martin wail at people for nothing. They atleast need to bother him.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

This post could break some sort of record for being quoted, or at least
responded to. LOL

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Martin is not a heavy weight or anything really... He's pretty much the equivalent to White. But I've never seen Martin wail at people for nothing. They atleast need to bother him.

It's more that I see some value in Prust, and I kinda find Martin to be a scrubbo.

Bad trade off.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I may be under valuing him. I always pictured him as a White replica, perhaps a bit bigger. Looking at it a bit closer, he does have a higher offensive output. 7 G 7 A is pretty decent if he played all year on the 4th line.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I may be under valuing him. I always pictured him as a White replica, perhaps a bit bigger. Looking at it a bit closer, he does have a higher offensive output. 7 G 7 A is pretty damn good if he played all year on the 4th line.

He moved up a bit at times but he has decent offensive upside for a grinder. He reminds me of Prust actually, bigger and not as intelligent but Prust was a marginal goon at his age. I like Martin a lot, he's the kind of fighter we need more of.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Per a Isles mod in their GDT:

Moulson-Tavares-Boyes
Bailey-Nielsen-Aucoin
Grabner-Reasoner-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
He moved up a bit at times but he has decent offensive upside for a grinder. He reminds me of Prust actually, bigger and not as intelligent but Prust was a marginal goon at his age. I like Martin a lot, he's the kind of fighter we need more of.

Can he do enough other things, to replace Armstrong in the line up.
That's the kind of "toughness" I like having on our team.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Can he do enough other things, to replace Armstrong in the line up.
That's the kind of "toughness" I like having on our team.

He's pretty much a textbook "good" 4th liner. Helps kill penalties, hits everything that moves, has improved his skating enough for it to not be a weakness, and has decent offensive upside by grinder standards.

Yes, he would be an upgrade from Armstrong easily, but the Isles seem to like him a lot. So I don't see him available.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Almost anyone would be an upgrade over Armstrong. To be fair, that's what you get for $1M UFA signings nowadays in the NHL.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Should be a win, but coming in on a five game win streak, it's bound to end sooner than later. Wouldn't be surprised with a Habs win, but I'm gonna go with a 2-0 Islanders victory. It's gonna be a frustrating game with very few opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->