News Article: New York Islanders Prospects to Watch in 2013

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'm really intrigued by Sundstrom and Persson. We could really see something long term with them. The UPS line could be an NHL 3rd line not too far from now.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Donovan and Ness have been talked about for quite some time now and they are what they are. Outside of those two and not including Hamonic the rest of Bports dmen are for lack of a better word GARBAGE.......

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I really, really, really like Sundstrom. Such high hopes for this kid.

What are we thinking his ceiling is? High end 3rd liner? 2nd line?? I can't say i know much about him other than I caught one BPort game and was impressed.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
What are we thinking his ceiling is? High end 3rd liner? 2nd line?? I can't say i know much about him other than I caught one BPort game and was impressed.
To me, high end 3rd line center/winger.....with a good possibility of 2nd line if his scoring keeps developing. Top 6 forwards are scoring forwards and Sundstrom has surprised with a steady offensive production so far.
The kid is a good skater, not a burner but better than average, and he is huge. They list him as 6'2", I am sure he is 6'4".

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Persson is a big kid..he has the makings of a future power forward..at least I think. I hope he gets a 5 game look.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
That interview was painful to watch. I wish they let him use a translator. He looked REAAALLLLYYYY uncomfortable.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Where is Nelson on this list? Ulstrum and Nino look more ready than Strome. I just dont see Strome with that frame making the Isles this season. The kid looks no more than 175lbs. Going to be really interesting to see who makes this team.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Where is Nelson on this list? Ulstrum and Nino look more ready than Strome. I just dont see Strome with that frame making the Isles this season. The kid looks no more than 175lbs. Going to be really interesting to see who makes this team.

I think he worked a lot harder this year. According to the icedogs website: http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/roster/show/id/360

He is 192 pounds. That's not bad. He did look scrawny last camp...so this year he must have really worked out to add on early 20 pounds. For his size..I would say he should max out at 205.

As for D:

I'd like to give Kichton and Pedan a 5 game looksee. Who knows...they might impress?

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia

I think he worked a lot harder this year. According to the icedogs website: http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/roster/show/id/360

He is 192 pounds. That's not bad. He did look scrawny last camp...so this year he must have really worked out to add on early 20 pounds. For his size..I would say he should max out at 205.

As for D:

I'd like to give Kichton and Pedan a 5 game looksee. Who knows...they might impress?

Strome is 6'1" 192 lbs. the same size as Bailey, Nielsen, MacDonald.

As far as Kichton and Pedan, they are not invited to camp as they were not added to the CHL eligable list by the Islanders before the lock-out. You will have to wait till next training camp for them to get a shot.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
I think if the isles sign kichton he can go to the ahl or nhl since he is an overager

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
I dont know, he is a CHL player that was not invited or eligable for traing camp. I dont think we will see him until his team is done for the season.

I think since he is an over-ager the islanders can sign him at any point after the lockout and send him to the ahl since he is over 20

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

Every site I have checked on Strome lists him at 190. Regardless, it's all about leg strength at this level. Guys like RNH and Skinner look like little kids but manage to excell. RNH mostly because of his vision, but these guys are strong enough on their skates to succeed at the NHL level.

I wouldn't rule Strome out on appearance alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad