New York Islanders are on a 17 game point streak (now ended by ANA)

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
2. I really didn't want to spew this theory last year because I don't want to knock people not in the NHL(but I guess enough time passed that it won't be so controversial to say it), my guess is his wife played a big role in his choice

After Gretzky left Edmonton I don't think it's controversial at all to say "happy wife, happy life"...

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
1. I don't think NHL players put much stock into the 11th and 12th picks in the draft, maybe the first 1 or 2 picks.

2. I really didn't want to spew this theory last year because I don't want to knock people not in the NHL(but I guess enough time passed that it won't be so controversial to say it), my guess is his wife played a big role in his choice

Back in that fateful summer of 2018, I was convinced that Pajama Boy was loyal to the core and would stay with the Isles.

Meanwhile, my wife who is a casual hockey fan at best didn't give it a second thought once I told her that his fiancé (now wife) was from Ontario. She said there was no doubt he was gone.

Guess I should listen to my wife more...maybe.

Reactions: mm11

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Honestly, Other then maybe Tampa, pretty much every team they have faced have been bubble teams and non playoff teams during this stretch. But it’s still impressive. I’m hoping they go at least 20.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york
Honestly, Other then maybe Tampa, pretty much every team they have faced have been bubble teams and non playoff teams during this stretch. But it’s still impressive. I’m hoping they go at least 20.
Great teams are the one's that win those games. Its not like they played Ottawa 15 times. They played Pittsburgh, florida. St Louis tampa

Reactions: beach

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Florida, STL, Arizona, Winnipeg, Pitt.. all top 10 in the league.

Reactions: nyijedi

Reggiet2

Jan 20, 2019
Isles have a lot of underrated grit and skill, great combination to have! The defense is also greatly underrated, good size speed and skill!

Reggiet2

Jan 20, 2019
Also, if you want to play a tough game they throw out Matt Martin & Ross the Boss!

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
WTH, I just got done saying, well that's what Beauvillier gets for trying to outskate Malkin and then BAMM, Hey Malkin, Who's you're Daddy/ Biooottttch!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad