New York City Thread: Part III (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Enough... three pages worth of posts have been deleted in this thread over the past few weeks. This is not a politics thread.

Reactions: Trotsnj

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My thoughts are with NY as we remember the events of 19 years ago

I recall seeing a picture of a desktop with HF on it from a WTC office that day :cry:
I remember the day clearly. Was a beautiful day. The previous night was the Giants - Denver game as the first of the year.

Reactions: egelband

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Actor Rick Moranis was just randomly assaulted in NYC by Central Park West, in broad daylight like 20 mins ago. It’s really getting bad.

Rick Moranis Randomly Assaulted in New York City

Sad to say won’t be going into the city for awhile and likely when Deblowsio is gone. Will catch the Rangers on the road either in Tampa or Anaheim next season. Feel safer to travel 1000 miles plus, than 20 miles into this cess pool.

People get assaulted in NYC every day. This is getting news attention because of who was assaulted. I was attacked on Park Ave in broad daylight a year ago. The sad reality is that police don't walk the beat anymore, and the punishment rarely fits the crime these days.

Reactions: egelband

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Should add Hometown BBQ in red hook to list of BBQ spots. It’s probably one of the best in the country, in my opinion it’s so by far the best in NYC that you’ll probably never even go to another once you’ve tried it. I’ve tried lots of spots including some famous ones down in Austin, this place is right up there with all of them.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Should add Hometown BBQ in red hook to list of BBQ spots. It’s probably one of the best in the country, in my opinion it’s so by far the best in NYC that you’ll probably never even go to another once you’ve tried it. I’ve tried lots of spots including some famous ones down in Austin, this place is right up there with all of them.
Hometown is excellent. Mighty Qiunn's is very good as well.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
This explains everything...

CPEXt2KUwAAhha8.jpg:large

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
100%. Progressives hate him as much/more than folks on the far right. The fact that he thought he had a shot at the presidency is mindboggling.
I still cannot figure out how he managed to get re-elected. I mean, I know no one showed up to vote, but really?

The only politician who has somehow come under fire from both the Daily News and the Post.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
De Blasio’s reign here can’t end soon enough. New York City is going to have a lot of work to do rebuilding, and he is absolutely not the guy to do it.

Someone needs to brave and finally start to tackle the infrastructure.

Enough with these subway lines and systems that were old even when Stan Fischler was a kid.

There's nothing charming or nostalgic about a crappy commute to and from work every day.

I don't want to hear it can't be done. It's not physically impossible and they did it in European cities which were built centuries before the US was even discovered.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Someone needs to brave and finally start to tackle the infrastructure.

Enough with these subway lines and systems that were old even when Stan Fischler was a kid.

There's nothing charming or nostalgic about a crappy commute to and from work every day.

I don't want to hear it can't be done. It's not physically impossible and they did it in European cities which were built centuries before the US was even discovered.
What European city are you referring to? The NYC subway ismover 100 years old and runs 24/7. I'd like to see them do something similar to London but they're infrastructure is no better than ours.

Reactions: NCRanger

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
What European city are you referring to? The NYC subway ismover 100 years old and runs 24/7. I'd like to see them do something similar to London but they're infrastructure is no better than ours.

London and Paris in specific.

It's time NYC got their head out of their ass and modernized.

It's doable even if its slow and takes a decade.

NYC peaked in the 90s and sustained for about 15-20 years.

Ever since FaceTime, Zoom, and working remote have become a thing, the city has fallen behind.

It's time to modernize or regress.

Reactions: LionsHeart

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
London and Paris in specific.

It's time NYC got their head out of their ass and modernized.

It's doable even if its slow and takes a decade.

NYC peaked in the 90s and sustained for about 15-20 years.

Ever since FaceTime, Zoom, and working remote have become a thing, the city has fallen behind.

It's time to modernize or regress.

This is how I think New York City gets out of this. Usually the city “builds” it’s way out of a recession, but after Hudson Yards there’s a lot of skepticism from people about having a huge expensive project that winds up displacing even more people.

I think updating and renovating the city is going to be the way to go. Wars and pandemics usually lead humanity to the next world, let NYC be that bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad