New York City Thread: Part III (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Not specific to just NYC, but tonight will be the Superbowl of Networking events, and its for a great cause. Pink Tie, 5th annual event is tonight at Crest Hollow Country Club. Some former NY Rangers, Yankees, Mets, etc etc. In addition Stapp of Creed will headline the entertainment. There will quite a few Sport agents there tonight as well.

If anyone in the Real Estate, Mortgage, Insurance, Accounting, Investment Banking fields etc, are interested, ...see the link below.

pinktie.org

Last year we raised close to $500,000 for the Don Monti Memorial Research foundation. This year were looking to get the event to 3,000 people.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For those that like to dine, I had dinner at Han Dynasty in the East Village and it was excellent. No beef & broccoli on the menu here. The spice levels were fun. I did not find it spicy, but for those that do not like heat, they might find it a little so. Anyway, great place to check out for a little adventurous dining. The mappo tofu was fantastic.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
For those that like to dine, I had dinner at Han Dynasty in the East Village and it was excellent. No beef & broccoli on the menu here. The spice levels were fun. I did not find it spicy, but for those that do not like heat, they might find it a little so. Anyway, great place to check out for a little adventurous dining. The mappo tofu was fantastic.

Love that place. One of the best Mapo Tofu in the city, for sure. My personal favorite is the Hot Sauce Style, which is also a 7 on the spicy scale. It's not too hot, but if you dig around at the bottom you'll find some of those spicy and tingly sichuan peppercorns that make your lips numb :nod:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Love that place. One of the best Mapo Tofu in the city, for sure. My personal favorite is the Hot Sauce Style, which is also a 7 on the spicy scale. It's not too hot, but if you dig around at the bottom you'll find some of those spicy and tingly sichuan peppercorns that make your lips numb :nod:
I had the Hot Pot, which rated a 10. I did not find it overbearing at all, but the spice added at good flavor. The dry pepper wings were also very good, as were the wontons in chili oil.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Do you live in an apartment in NYC?
Do you play hockey here?
What do you do with your gear?

This may be relevant knowledge for me to have come the winter.

Erin

Jun 20, 2017
New York trip

Hi everyone, I'm planning a trip from the UK to New York in December as a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I know the schedule for the next season is looming but I just wondered when tickets are likely to go on sale? Also, would you recommended MSG or the Barclays Centre? Any advice is much appreciated! :help:

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Hi everyone, I'm planning a trip from the UK to New York in December as a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I know the schedule for the next season is looming but I just wondered when tickets are likely to go on sale? Also, would you recommended MSG or the Barclays Centre? Any advice is much appreciated! :help:

Without question go see a game at MSG. The Barclays Center is not a great place to watch a hockey game.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

As a huge Isles fan, Ill say...

Go to MSG. Not even a question in my mind.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
As a huge Isles fan, Ill say...

Go to MSG. Not even a question in my mind.

Absolutely, to get the full experience you have to go to MSG. You could also go to Barclays because you can basically go for free and sit wherever you want, but it's going to be more of a clownshow than a professional NHL game

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

I mean. If you're going to go to a Rangers game at MSG, decided, going to an Islanders game isn't going to kill your trip budget ;)

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
For anyone who isn't aware the 7th avenue trains are going to be either completely out of service or have very infrequent service hours for the foreseeable future.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
This would be huge news but I don't see anything about any service changes to the 1, 2, or 3. Can you be more specific?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I rely almost exclusively on the 1,2,3 trains so this would **** me if true. I haven't seen any announcements though. Are you by chance confusing this with the 7 train?

saxonmiller

May 26, 2017
Winnipeg
Trying to plan a surprise NYC trip for my girlfriend in early-ish October. My university offers a fall break from October 9-13, so I am looking to take advantage of that full week.

My favourite team is the Avs, its too bad the home opener couldn't be the following week! ;) We are from Winnipeg, and I have been to New York before (October 2015), but my girlfriend has not. We'll probably do the typical Broadway, shopping, museum stuff, but is there anything else we should know moving forward? Any must sees/do's? Love going out for food, too.

No matter the borough, I am open to anything. Thanks :)

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I rely almost exclusively on the 1,2,3 trains so this would **** me if true. I haven't seen any announcements though. Are you by chance confusing this with the 7 train?

Per the MTA, the 2/3 is running with delays. The 1 is fine.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
DiFara is my #1. I feel like Spumoni went down hill since I was a kid. You should try Totonno's.

L&B is great and even though I'm one of its biggest fans I can admit it can be hit or miss sometimes.

I had Joe's in the village recently and that slice is great. Very thin.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Joe's is the best slice in Manhattan and perhaps in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->