New York City Thread: Part III (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LI NYR

Apr 11, 2007
Yeah, won't be an issue. You might have to take a specific elevator up to the suites though on the 7th avenue side of the arena after warmups, presumably from the 6th floor. I don't think any of the towers go up to that level (B and C definitely don't since they're on the other end of the arena, I think A and D go straight up to bridge level).
Awesome. Thank you for the info.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Any recommendations for a good cocktail bar (i.e., not a "sports" bar) that would have the game on tonight, preferably in the village/east village?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Would the AirTrain be our best bet getting from Newark airport to Manhattan? Will be staying in the east side and I'm not looking to spend a big part of my budget (which isnt much) on travel from the airport. Google reviews and comments from 2013 aren't much help.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Would the AirTrain be our best bet getting from Newark airport to Manhattan? Will be staying in the east side and I'm not looking to spend a big part of my budget (which isnt much) on travel from the airport. Google reviews and comments from 2013 aren't much help.

Yes, via NJTransit, Newark Airport to Penn Station takes ~30 mins and costs $13 dollars. MUCH faster than a taxi and 5x cheaper.

Reactions: Pongs21

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Any recommendations for a good cocktail bar (i.e., not a "sports" bar) that would have the game on tonight, preferably in the village/east village?

This is actually something that I've found particularly hard to come by in NYC compared to other cities. It seems there is a separation between the "nice" bars (good cocktails, food that's not pub fare) that don't play sports and the sports bars. Anyone have a recommendation for a place that bridges the gap between the two?

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
This is actually something that I've found particularly hard to come by in NYC compared to other cities. It seems there is a separation between the "nice" bars (good cocktails, food that's not pub fare) that don't play sports and the sports bars. Anyone have a recommendation for a place that bridges the gap between the two?

Is Avery's bar still around? Answer is most likely no I'm sure but that place definitely for this description.

Edit: Warren 77. Just looked it up and yes it's still open. It looks more traditional sports bar-ish than I remember it being though.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Is Avery's bar still around? Answer is most likely no I'm sure but that place definitely for this description.

Edit: Warren 77. Just looked it up and yes it's still open. It looks more traditional sports bar-ish than I remember it being though.
IIRC, when it opened it was intended to be more of a trendy type place rather than a sports bar. He had the internship with Vogue, I think, and was looking to attract more of the young professionals from other industries.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
IIRC, when it opened it was intended to be more of a trendy type place rather than a sports bar. He had the internship with Vogue, I think, and was looking to attract more of the young professionals from other industries.

Yeah, I am not now nor was I ever a trendy bar type but I remember going here a couple of times right after it opened and dealing with the vibe because it was cool to "hang" with the team. And by "hang", I mean, stand around and drink with my friends while the Rangers did their thing in one of the booths. Good to know that I'm not crazy though about the decor and what not changing.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
NYC Boat show today at the Javits. Not quite as good as Miami but still a fun event.

I'm gonna crack a potato in the sea Ray and Facebook live it!

Reactions: Sarge13

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A friend of mine bought me one today so I don't miss out on them. I expect them to be sold out quick. If anyone is interested... They sell these at the MSG store. Only 500 sets available.

51373597_548760418969758_3563669261824032768_n.png

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The flying puck is is near MSG....right?
It is, but gets very crowded before home games. Not as bad after home games, but still a good crowd. No idea what it is like for a road game or during home games. It is on 7th Ave between 30th and 31st, I believe.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Some serious cold weather out there, wish there was an outdoor rink somewhere in South Brooklyn right now.... maybe I'll just get on over to Prospect Park...

And I never remember New York City getting a snow squall advisory.....

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Rush hour 1 train taken out of service because a door wouldn't shut. Second time in the past month. Had to wait three trains before I could get back on. Two were too packed. And one with room inexplicably skipped the station. Did I mention it was 20 degrees on the platform.

But thank goodness for the new digital signage being installed in the stations...

Last edited:
Reactions: FultonReed

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
this was pointed out in another thread...may 6 guarantee is a misprint....the guarantee date from messier was may 24...terrible blunder by someone...doesn't anyone quality check this junk? embarrassing

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
this was pointed out in another thread...may 6 guarantee is a misprint....the guarantee date from messier was may 24...terrible blunder by someone...doesn't anyone quality check this junk? embarrassing
The game was the 25th. The pin looks like the picture in the next day's paper. But the iconic headline is the guarantee itself which was the 25th.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Maybe I can get some advice ...

So my wife and I are going to a concert in May at Terminal 5 on W. 56th st.

We are driving from Buffalo. We don’t want to drive in Manhattan so we want to stay on the outskirts and take the subway in.

Maybe stay in Hoboken and take the Path in?

Or someplace not too far from the ferry and take that over?

Any other idea?

What hotel(s) should I look into?

Just staying one night. Trying to keep it (hotel) under $200 if possible.
Advice? Suggestions? Anything?

Thanks guys and gals :5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad