New York City Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

4mattylights

Apr 26, 2016
Need to change up the routine for tonight's game... is there a viewing party at any bars for game 4? Hudson station hosted game 2 I think, haven't seen any since.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Need to change up the routine for tonight's game... is there a viewing party at any bars for game 4? Hudson station hosted game 2 I think, haven't seen any since.

Pretty sure Hudson Station is basically one large viewing party for every Rangers game.

jwelles17

Apr 23, 2012
best pregame bar?

Dad and I luckily got some tickets from a friend for Saturday - we are from outside the area and looking for a good Rangers bar to pregame at around 5-6ish. I've heard of hudson station - any others?

4mattylights

Apr 26, 2016
Dad and I luckily got some tickets from a friend for Saturday - we are from outside the area and looking for a good Rangers bar to pregame at around 5-6ish. I've heard of hudson station - any others?

I personally will be going to Local Cafe. Huge outdoor space, reasonable prices. Plus, a lot closer than Hudson Station, albeit their food is sub par.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
So I am going to be in town at a conference from 5/5 to 5/9.
I will be staying @ 40th & 9th near the Javitts Center.

Any suggestions on nighttime entertainment (I am single bachelor early 30s), places to eat, sights to see?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Any suggestions on nighttime entertainment (I am single bachelor early 30s), places to eat, sights to see?

Spent a night at the bars and izakayas on St. Marks. Best pizza is Joe's on Bleeker. Best burger is the off-menu bar burger at Raoul's on Prince (get there at 5pm, they serve only 12 per night).

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Spent a night at the bars and izakayas on St. Marks. Best pizza is Joe's on Bleeker. Best burger is the off-menu bar burger at Raoul's on Prince (get there at 5pm, they serve only 12 per night).

Also available for sit down in more quantities at brunch on the weekend. Probably my second favorite burger in NYC behind the black label at Minetta.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

I know I am late to the party on this one, but for future reference there are plenty of bars around MSG that will have a pre-game crowd. Off the top of my head, places I have been to in the past year or so:

Feile-32nd between 6th and 7th
Jack Doyles-36th or 37th between 7th and 8th
Triple Crown-7th Ave between 27th and 28th?
The Flying Puck 7th Ave between 30th and 29th?
Harringtons-7th Ave between 30th and 29th
Mustang Harry's 7th Ave between 28th and 29th
Local 33rd between 7th and 8th, closer to 8th.

There are more, just drawing a blank at moment.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

If you're looking for a place to watch the Rangers, the Flying Puck and Hudson Station near MSG are great spots.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

I don't want to be a jerk here but posts like this drive me crazy. Come on—it's New York City. This city has everything. What do you like to do for nighttime entertainment? Is money an object? If you do anything what would it be?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Here's a few spots...

Cheap inexpensinve, and the wait staff is a trip!
http://www.paulsburgersnyc.com/

Flashdancers Between 52nd and 53rd on Broadway.

Rock & Reilly's 218W 35th street.

And of course, gotta hit up McSorleys Old Ale House. Oldest Irish tavern in NYC. Its on 15 E 7th Street

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I don't want to be a jerk here but posts like this drive me crazy. Come on—it's New York City. This city has everything. What do you like to do for nighttime entertainment? Is money an object? If you do anything what would it be?
-Nightime entertainment nearby for a single dude.

There is soo much in NY this is the reason to ask.

For meals; I'm allergic to dairy.
I prefer shelldish, seafood, chicken, and love froyo places.

Wanted to check out Chealsea Piers, Wall Street, & the bridge.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
-Nightime entertainment nearby for a single dude.

There is soo much in NY this is the reason to ask.

For meals; I'm allergic to dairy.
I prefer shelldish, seafood, chicken, and love froyo places.

Wanted to check out Chealsea Piers, Wall Street, & the bridge.

Chelsea Piers is nothing special. Not sure how close you can get the NYSE these days. Which bridge?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
you can walk right up to NYSE but don't know if they have inside tours anymore. If you want free entertainment check out central booking on centre street and watch the parade pf perps getting pleaded in

Define "right up to." There's a gate about 50 feet away on Exchange Place and probably about 20 on Wall Street. They also do not have tours, IIRC.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Be sure to check out my favorite pizza joint, Sbarro and a few of my favorite NY joints, Bubba Gum shrimp and Red Lobster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad