WJC: New Years Game, Outdoors.

• Thread starter Charlie Milles*
  • Start date

Charlie Milles*

I'll be flamed to ashes, for this one but I would love to see an outdoor game Dec. 31 at McMahon Stadium between Canada and the United States (/whoever). The NYE game in past years has been a classic, with few exceptions. The reason, in my estimation, is because of the players. The all seem to be excited-as-hell to play on NYE and their enthusiasm creates timeless games. I wonder if they played outdoors and made more of a spectacle of it, how enthused would players be. I think an outdoor game between the States and Canada, in Canada, would be nothing short of legendary. What say you?

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
I'll be flamed to ashes, for this one but I would love to see an outdoor game Dec. 31 at McMahon Stadium between Canada and the United States (/whoever). The NYE game in past years has been a classic, with few exceptions. The reason, in my estimation, is because of the players. The all seem to be excited-as-hell to play on NYE and their enthusiasm creates timeless games. I wonder if they played outdoors and made more of a spectacle of it, how enthused would players be. I think an outdoor game between the States and Canada, in Canada, would be nothing short of legendary. What say you?

Thats because it is indoors with good ice. Outdoor games always have poor flow and are usually boring. No thanks to that brutal idea.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
Hate to pile on because I see what you're getting at, but the problem would be timing. You can't mess risking having to cancel/postpone/etc based on weather in a short tournament with no real chance for a re-do. If they had to push it back, it would be a huge problem.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
An outdoor jr game would be cool but not close to the Christmas holidays, which is WJC time.

Booom

Jan 1, 2011
If there was ever a time to play it outside, Edmonton would be the place next year.

tyler91

Dec 30, 2010
www.hockeysticks91.com
Personally I'm not a fan of the outdoor game. There is bad ice so the stars can't shine. And it seems like the game is played so much slower. I think it would be a joke if they put an outdoor game in the WJ's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad