Equipment: New year, New gear

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Ive started this topic for people to talk about what new gear they got for the upcoming season! Also for people to put their input in and tell what gear is good or bad.

I recently bought 2 11k's and a RBZ.

Their both prostock and 85 flex, Ive never used anything besides Bauer and Easton so i went in a different direction this year :D

I bought a new helmet (11k) and pants (CCM Crazy Light) because I got traded in my league so i had to get black equipment... used to have navy.

Now im Considering a few things to buy before the start of the season.

- New Skates
- Chest Protector

With the skates i was either looking at used Total Ones/RBZ/APX or new Crazy Lights

And for chest protectors i was thinking about getting a CCM Crazy light one, my old one seems too bulky and the CCM is light as a feather.

Any comments on what i should get out of skates and chest protector? Say what new gear you got too

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
After 14 years I put my much-loved Bauer Supreme 5000s out to pasture, but trying on the new Supremes man are they a much stiffer boot than they used to be. The guy at the Hockey Shop said 'you might want to try the Nexus' and I was skeptical as I've been on Supremes since I was 10 years old pretty much but I said sure bring me a pair. I went with the Nexus Havok (cross between the 400 and 600 models) for $309

Wow - what an incredibly comfortable and flexible skate! After a skate baking I wore them last week for the first time and they were great right away, no discomfort at all and they are very responsive skates. The guy at the shop said the Nexus line is a 'pure skater's skate' for lighter guys and I fit that profile. For 3 bills, I think they're a great skate.

Also got a new bucket - Reebok 5k and it's very comfortable and the first helmet I've had with the new black modular foam as compared to the solid white foam in my old one, which also needed to be retired as it had a growing crack in the side. Took my Bauer visor np too.

snizzbone*

I picked up a pro stock x60 and another Ai9 for sticks.
Step steel for my skates.
CCM U+ Pro shoulder pads.
Reebok 9k girdle to replace my pants.

Need to pick up new shins and elbow pads, but haven't got around to it.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
For the first time, I'm not looking for new gear. Probably because I've been so busy this summer, but I'm happy with all my stuff. Except the stick of course, but out of sight, out of mind.

Granted I got some new stuff late last season...E600 helmet with Re-Akt titanium cage, Reebok shins (8k?), and the Montreal M95 stick.

soldier0829

May 29, 2013
New York
I just replaced my whole bag this past summer season. I really can't find a stick I like though. The best I've found (for me) are the Sherwood Nexons - I like the Coffey curve a lot and the 5.5 lie but I wish I could get the stick in a med flex. I have to cut a decent amount off and with an 85 flex I'm left with something like a 92+ which is a little too stiff for me.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Got all new gear :yo:

Helmet: Bauer BHH2100L
Shoulder Pads: Bauer Vapor X3.0
Elbow Pads: Bauer Nexus 400
Pants: Bauer Nexus 400
Shin Guards: Bauer Supreme one55
Skates: Bauer Vapor X3.0
Sticks: CCM U+ Crazy Light w/ Crazyovi and Ovechkin curves

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I got new kit last season; Krown 360 and EQ50 skates... I'm satisfied on that front till I get back to playing next season... JFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad