New Year-End Awards

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
NEW AWARD SPONSORS

Hooray for more revenues! (Even if we can't really plan around these...)

The HFNHL is pleased to announce that the league has negotiated some exciting new sponsorships for its end-of-year Awards Ceremonies. New trophies, cups and plaques have been commissioned to honour individuals and teams who excel in less traditional ways.

These new year-end awards each carry a payout of $250,000. (Official league awards - Calder, Selke, etc. - will have a payout of $500,000.) They will be assessed at the end of the season, along with the rest of the league awards.

JC Penny “Pennywise” Award: Team to achieve the highest points-per-million ratio for salary efficiency

Cohiba “Close but no cigar” Award: Team with the highest pro salary to miss the playoffs

It Gets Better Award: Team with the biggest improvement in points over last season

AMC “Breaking Good” Award: Lowest salaried team to achieve .500 winning percentage

Duracell Coppertop Award: Player with highest individual +/-

Tapout Award: Player with most fights won

John Lennon Memorial Trophy: Team with the fewest fights

Target “Bullseye” Top Sniper Trophy: Player with most PS/SO goals

Colt Quickdraw Award: Player with the highest faceoff winning percentage (minimum 100 draws)

Nextel “Next Big Thing” Awards:
Youngest 15-goal scorer
Youngest 40-point scorer
Youngest goalie to post 91.0 save% (minimum 20 games played)

Apple iTeam Awards: (because there IS an "i" in team!)
Road Warrior – best road record
7th man – best home record
Man Advantage – best PP%
Shutdown – best PK%
Clutch - best OT/SO win/loss percentage

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Okay boys - I'm all set with these, except two. Because let's be honest, I didn't really think all of these through. (They seemed like a good idea at the time...)

So if you're interested in vying for one of these two more challenging awards, please post your results in the thread below:

- John Lennon Memorial Trophy: Team with the fewest fights
- Clutch - Team with the best OT/SO win/loss percentage

I look forward to all y'all having to do some math for a change!

SenatorsGM

Jun 25, 2012
The Senators finish last in the fewest fights category

Suprisingly the Sens were 8-7 W/L in SO/OT games!

Last edited:

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
Okay boys - I'm all set with these, except two. Because let's be honest, I didn't really think all of these through. (They seemed like a good idea at the time...)

So if you're interested in vying for one of these two more challenging awards, please post your results in the thread below:

- John Lennon Memorial Trophy: Team with the fewest fights
- Clutch - Team with the best OT/SO win/loss percentage

I look forward to all y'all having to do some math for a change!

I would appear that the regular season stuff was replace with one of the game days from the first round of playoffs. I believe otherwise the finding out the winning percentage should be easy enough if I could get a link to the standings.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I would appear that the regular season stuff was replace with one of the game days from the first round of playoffs. I believe otherwise the finding out the winning percentage should be easy enough if I could get a link to the standings.

Yeah, even when you click on the regular season link, as soon as you go to any of the specific pages it defaults to the playoff stats.

Easily fixed: go to the address line in your browser, and delete the following from the url: -plf

That will take you to the appropriate 2013-14 regular season results for that page.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I must have uploaded playoff results to the main folder one night. I'll try to remember to upload the regular season stuff again tonight so the links are right again.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Thanks for fixing the regular season links, Mr. Kirk! Cobsider this a bump for all teams to submit their fight and OT/SO results

Just make sure when counting fights that you don't double-count the fights of players on your roster who played for more than one team.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I must be doing something wrong because the Regular season link goes to an index page that has all the playoff results.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Since people are actually checking the boards these days, this is LAST CALL for teams who want to tally their fight totals and their OT/SO winning percentages for the year end awards. Only teams who have responded above or by 8pm ET Sunday will be eligible.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Year-end awards

Forget the playoffs – it’s time for the REAL hardware to be awarded! That’s right – it’s time for the inaugural year-end awards. Are you on the edge of your seat? I know I am!

JC Penny “Pennywise” Award: Team to achieve the highest points-per-million ratio for salary efficiency
Calgary: 2.07 ratio of points/salary

Cohiba “Close but no cigar” Award: Team with the highest pro salary to miss the playoffs
Buffalo: $68.01 million (second highest salary in the league!)

It Gets Better Award: Team with the biggest improvement in points over last season
Montreal (at +28 narrowly edged out the defending champion Panthers at +27)

AMC “Breaking Good” Award: Lowest salaried team to achieve .500 winning percentage
Calgary: $45.37m, .573 winning percentage (We’ll have to monitor this in future years to see if it always works out to the same team as the JC Penny award)

Duracell Coppertop Award: Player with highest individual +/-
Alexander Semin, NYR: +34 (I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking, WTF?!)

Tapout Award: Player with most fights won
Zenon Konopka, OTT: 13 (almost double the next highest contender)

John Lennon Memorial Trophy: Team with the fewest fights
Colorado, 16 fights

Target “Bullseye” Top Sniper Trophy: Player with most PS/SO goals
Claude Giroux, DET: 8 (4 others had 7 goals)

Colt Quickdraw Award: Player with the highest faceoff winning percentage (minimum 100 draws)
Boyd Gordon, BUF: 58.55% (almost two full percentage points higher than the two players tied for second)

Nextel “Next Big Thing” Awards:

Youngest 15-goal scorer
Gabriel Landeskog, MTL:
Born 11/23/92, 16 goals

Youngest 40-point scorer
Jaden Schwartz, OTT:
Born 6/25/92, 56 points (5 weeks younger than Calgary’s Jeff Skinner)

Youngest goalie to post 91.0 save% (minimum 20 games played)
Semyon Varlamov, PHI: Born 4/27/88, 71 games, .922 save%

Apple iTeam Awards: (because there IS an "i" in team!)

Road Warrior – best road record
Colorado, 23/9/2/2/0/5 on the road for 57 points (tied with Florida, but has the edge in regulation road wins)

7th man – best home record
Montreal, 25/7/0/0/5/4 at home for 64 points

Man Advantage – best PP%
Calgary: 31.73%

Shutdown – best PK%
Toronto: 81.75%

Clutch - best OT/SO win/loss percentage
Florida: 14W/8L

So our award payouts are as follows:

Calgary: $750,000
Montreal: $750,000
Buffalo: $500,000
Ottawa: $500,000
Colorado: $500,000
NY Rangers: $250,000
Detroit: $250,000
Philly: $250,000
Toronto: $250,000
Florida: $250,000

Congrats all!

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Calgary: $750,000
Montreal: $750,000
Buffalo: $500,000
Ottawa: $500,000
Colorado: $500,000
NY Rangers: $250,000
Detroit: $250,000
Philly: $250,000
Toronto: $250,000
Florida: $250,000

Congrats all!

This money has been added to the appropriate teams finances.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Unfortunately, there was an accounting error on these NBT awards:

Youngest 15-goal scorer
Gabriel Landeskog, MTL: Born 11/23/92, 16 goals

Youngest 40-point scorer
Jaden Schwartz, OTT: Born 6/25/92, 56 points (5 weeks younger than Calgary’s Jeff Skinner)

In both cases, Toronto's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (93 born) should have won the award, with 30 goals and 78 points.

That means a deduction of $250k each from MTL and OTT, and $500k added to Toronto.

Sorry for the mistake, gentlemen! Mr. Kirk, please do the needful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad