New xXLaflammeXx highlight compilation: “Sidney Crosby Puck Protection 2”

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I always appreciate videos like this, I just wish we'd see dedicated highlights to more players than just Crosby. Seems like you only see highlight videos like this dedicated to specific skills with just Crosby and Datsyuk.

I tried to do one with Bergeron and defense a while back and it was fun to do, although I didn't edit any of it, another poster named Dafoomie did. I'd like to do one with McAvoy and zone exits or defensive zone puck protection or something but I don't have the resources to do it.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I always appreciate videos like this, I just wish we'd see dedicated highlights to more players than just Crosby. Seems like you only see highlight videos like this dedicated to specific skills with just Crosby and Datsyuk.
Yeah, I agree. The great thing about these kind of videos, into which passionate fans put huge amounts of time, is that they show all of the amazing plays that didn’t result in an assist or goal. It’s a real treasure when those plays, which would otherwise be forgotten, are archived in this way, and it’s a real shame that only a few players get this treatment.

Reactions: pi314

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I agree. The great thing about these kind of videos, into which passionate fans put huge amounts of time, is that they show all of the amazing plays that didn’t result in an assist or goal. It’s a real treasure when those plays, which would otherwise be forgotten, are archived in this way, and it’s a real shame that only a few players get this treatment.
Yeah exactly. Like goal highlights are good, but it's good to see something different. I just think it's more interesting and introduces you to plays you haven't seen a million times before.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That’s a great channel and video series. His ability to hold onto pucks is all-time, biggest thing that separates himself from every one else.

And while McDavid is just as if not more of a natural scorer than Crosby, I don’t seem him owning the puck like Crosby does. That’s why I think his game is more valuable to winning games in the long haul.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
As amazing as he is at shielding the puck, Jagr was even better at this. Wouldn't mind seeing a similar video of Jagr doing these kinds of things.

Reactions: Pez68

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's actually comical how good he is at puck control. This video is almost more impressive than his older one because of how effortless he makes it look now.

Reactions: Dominance

GuinosWin71

Mar 18, 2008
It’s easy to find these when his play led to a goal, but how difficult is it to find these plays that didn’t lead to a goal? How many videos do you go through for these? How many more plays out there are there that weren’t captured on the highlight reel?

Great video

Reactions: Dominance

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Taking your hand off your stick to prevent another player from poke checking should be 2 min interference.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I tried to do one with Bergeron and defense a while back and it was fun to do, although I didn't edit any of it, another poster named Dafoomie did. I'd like to do one with McAvoy and zone exits or defensive zone puck protection or something but I don't have the resources to do it.

Agreed, if only there was some national organization interested in growing the game.. an organization with money, access to all the game tapes, and a fiscal incentive towards furthering hockey interest. Oh, and they'd have to be competent. So not the NHL.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Well some don't want to be reminded or shown how their team got beat in the playoffs. Bergeron shutting the Pens down in 2013 for example :laugh:

No i agree would be diff to see the work those types put in to be as successful as they are.

coo1beans

Mar 29, 2010
Only other person i can think of as dominant at holding onto the puck was foppa. Its too his career was cut short by injuries but forseberg was an absolute beast.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
As amazing as he is at shielding the puck, Jagr was even better at this. Wouldn't mind seeing a similar video of Jagr doing these kinds of things.

Yeah I think so as well. Jagr was ridiculous with the puck.

Honestly though, I think once you get to that level, comparisons become pretty hard to judge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->