New Uniforms?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i care not for the blackhawks or any player that plays for them, but if they were to change their logo or anything about their color scheme, i would personally firebomb the city of chicago. some teams need a change, but there are six teams that need none. boston, chicago, detroit, montreal, new york and toronto. all original six teams should keep their original colors and logos, even if they are still playing in the year 2500.

chiavsfan

To the poster who said the Hawks need an overhaul?? I hope you're not one of those "offensive to Indians" guys, or I may have to get really nasty.

I live in the Chicago area, and I don't really support the Hawks due to ownership reasons...but if they changed the Jerseys, I agree with the poster above.

THe Hawks have one of the top 2 jerseys every in professional sports

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
chiavsfan said:
To the poster who said the Hawks need an overhaul?? I hope you're not one of those "offensive to Indians" guys, or I may have to get really nasty.

No I'm not just don't like the Hawks uniforms. Really, I find them plain and boring, as I do with most of the Original 6's uniforms. The only exception is the Rangers' Statue Of Liberty 3rds.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
Ry-Dogg said:
by the sounds of it Atlanta's 3rd jersey is going to become their home jersey... Anaheim will have a new logo and probably new uniforms... but they seem to really like those 3rd jersies they might also make them their home jerseies, other than that haven't heard much

That's great, Atlanta's 3rd jersey is far better than their current home jersey. But with Anaheim those 3rd jerseys are ugly as hell, I don't why they like them so much, and they shouldn't change their logo.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
David Puddy said:
I made this concept using Andrew M. Greenstein's nhluniforms.com renderings. I swapped the black for blue and the red for gold while maintaining the aggressive, modern design.

I was surprised that some teams didn't make a change after the lockout. It would have been a natural time for change.

Those Buffalo jerseys look great.

Guy Legend

Jun 2, 2005
St. Louis
Shootmaster_44 said:
No I'm not just don't like the Hawks uniforms. Really, I find them plain and boring, as I do with most of the Original 6's uniforms.

What you call boring, others call classic.

SerialSeb

Sep 1, 2005
Where hockey lives!
Or timeless

It's like getting a nice suit that's going to feel good and look good for a few years.
Instead of getting the white suit that will look good for the summer until the fad is gone.

WesMantooth

Jan 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I've posted these ideas for the Pens over on the Pittsburgh Board. Though I like the Pens current uniforms, I think they lack some style. The first set of unis is my idea for a permanent home/road jersey, and the last 3 are just ideas for 3rd jerseys to complement their current unis..

jacK

Sep 18, 2005
Michigan
hrd2imagin said:
I've posted these ideas for the Pens over on the Pittsburgh Board. Though I like the Pens current uniforms, I think they lack some style. The first set of unis is my idea for a permanent home/road jersey, and the last 3 are just ideas for 3rd jerseys to complement their current unis..
i think their current home/road are fine... but a diagonal-lettered/gold/3rd like you designed would be tight as hell.

DeTWings32

Jun 11, 2006
Verbeek said:
You know the ducks are changing for sure... check their NHL store, 40% off all jerseys. :eek: :sarcasm:

Personally, I like the ducks jerseys alot. They bring back fun memorys of the movies every time I look at them :handclap: . There one of the last teams that need to worry about uniforms. Washington, Nashville, L.A all need new threads forsure. (not to mention the Bruins need a new third jersey. Seriously that yellow bear one? Its almost as bad as the canucks old V stripes. Yuck)

TerrieRizer*

DeTWings32 said:
(not to mention the Bruins need a new third jersey. Seriously that yellow bear one? Its almost as bad as the canucks old V stripes. Yuck)

I agree completely, the pooh bear sucks. They should either make a better scheme with a fierce bear, or just make the Jersey Gold with the Black stripe on top with the Spoked B in the center like their other jerseys. I personally would like to see a cool new design but Jacobs is a tool so who knows.

1datsyuk3*

Loyal Bruins Fan said:
I agree completely, the pooh bear sucks. They should either make a better scheme with a fierce bear, or just make the Jersey Gold with the Black stripe on top with the Spoked B in the center like their other jerseys. I personally would like to see a cool new design but Jacobs is a tool so who knows.

:biglaugh:

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
DeTWings32 said:
Personally, I like the ducks jerseys alot. They bring back fun memorys of the movies every time I look at them :handclap: . There one of the last teams that need to worry about uniforms. Washington, Nashville, L.A all need new threads forsure. (not to mention the Bruins need a new third jersey. Seriously that yellow bear one? Its almost as bad as the canucks old V stripes. Yuck)

I couldn't disagree more. I loathe the Ducks uniforms and logo (with exception to their 3rd jersey). They're ugly and they also remind me of the horrible movies Disney made.

I can't wait to see their new unis and logos.

I actually like Washington, Nashville and LA's jerseys. At least they're not making a mockery of the sport.

DeTWings32

Jun 11, 2006
Hank19 said:
I couldn't disagree more. I loathe the Ducks uniforms and logo (with exception to their 3rd jersey). They're ugly and they also remind me of the horrible movies Disney made.

I can't wait to see their new unis and logos.

I actually like Washington, Nashville and LA's jerseys. At least they're not making a mockery of the sport.

how could you not like those movies??

anyways yea after a second look i kind of like nashvilles, cept for there yellow ones.
Ducks Jerseys are not a mockery of the sport. If the uniforms came out b4 the movies you wouldent be saying that. I think them trying to professionalize there team with just being the ducks and that sly anaheim logo is dumb. Sports is staRting to kind of lose its "cool" in my opinion. You have touchdown celebrations being taken away, dress codes for the NBA? Ok im off topic now.

Anways yes I cant wait for new jerseys as well

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
Shootmaster_44 said:
As far as the Horsehead Flames jerseys, I think these are nicer than what they wear otherwise. The logo is a good concept and much nicer than the ugly Flaming C.

"Ugly Flaming C"? Are you daft, man? The flaming booger horse is a joke. A travesty. It epitomizes that big seven-year stretch where the Flames sucked ***.

Somebody's got to come out and say it. It might as well be me. We can't let you live like this...

This may come as a shock: you have bad taste.

Also, I always thought that the Blue and White Sabres uniforms were ugly. I really like their uniforms other than their 3rd jersey with the crossed sabres. I'd say if you must go to Blue and White, go to a midnight blue and keep the logo they have now.

Sigh... No. Just, no. The blue-yellow-white combo was classic. Everything about the Sabres uniforms since 1996 has sucked ***. The third jersey had the sensibility to at least include, you know... sabres... The primary logo they have now suggests the team is named the Buffalo Deranged Goats. Coincidentally the team is, in fact, not named the Deranged Goats. They're the Sabres. You wouldn't know it by looking at them, but it's true.

The Kings uniforms are the best looking they have had since their inception. The pre-Gretzky era uniforms are ugly (as are the Lakers frankly).

No, the Gretzky-era black-silver-white garb was the best the Kings ever looked. But I'll let this slide. I'm glad to see you have the sense to know the purple and yellow pyjamas looked atrocious.

As far as the opinion the Blackhawks' always look good, I would say their uniforms are only nicer than the puke yellow Nashville and powder blue Atlanta jerseys. If a team needs an overhaul the Hawks definitely need one.

It turns out you don't have bad taste:

You're insane.

:D

DeTWings32

Jun 11, 2006
Orange and black? is it halloween every day now? this aint the nightmare b4 chirstmas!!

old ducks jerseys are pro compared to Oj and black :shakehead:

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Hoser said:
"Ugly Flaming C"? Are you daft, man? The flaming booger horse is a joke. A travesty. It epitomizes that big seven-year stretch where the Flames sucked ***.

Somebody's got to come out and say it. It might as well be me. We can't let you live like this...

This may come as a shock: you have bad taste.

Not everyone prefers the same fashions.

Sigh... No. Just, no. The blue-yellow-white combo was classic. Everything about the Sabres uniforms since 1996 has sucked ***. The third jersey had the sensibility to at least include, you know... sabres... The primary logo they have now suggests the team is named the Buffalo Deranged Goats. Coincidentally the team is, in fact, not named the Deranged Goats. They're the Sabres. You wouldn't know it by looking at them, but it's true.

No, the Gretzky-era black-silver-white garb was the best the Kings ever looked. But I'll let this slide. I'm glad to see you have the sense to know the purple and yellow pyjamas looked atrocious.

It turns out you don't have bad taste:

You're insane.

:D

Look, I disagree with most of what Shootmaster_44 posted he's still entitled to his opinion and since we're talking about fashion here, it's incredibly hard to truly be wrong. Shootmaster's opinion is as valid as yours or mine on this topic.

Saint Teemu

Aug 16, 2005
SerialSeb said:
Look at the NY Americans uniforms and think Capitals.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1930s/3536.html
I couldn't get the link to work, but does it look something like this?
I say modernize that, and you've got a Capitals jersey.

Further to the Caps' jerseys, I don't understand the royal blue and copper. Is there any history or local association to the colours, or were they just 'hot' at the time? And the eagle just reminds me of the US post office.

Oh, and I don't like the name and number fonts.

So other than the colours, layout, logo, and font, I really like the current Capitals jersey.

SerialSeb

Sep 1, 2005
Where hockey lives!
Saint Teemu said:

Further to the Caps' jerseys, I don't understand the royal blue and copper. Is there any history or local association to the colours, or were they just 'hot' at the time? And the eagle just reminds me of the US post office.

So other than the colours, layout, logo, and font, I really like the current Capitals jersey.

Yes!

Exacly modernize it and voilà.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Saint Teemu said:

I think the Caps white jersey is one of the best away jerseys in the NHL. But I hate the black one with copper.

Anaheim's white is also nice. The design of anaheim and caps away jersey are somewhat simular. Ok so the Duck may not be the best logo in sports but I think it should stay. It's the mighty part that sucks.

likewall32

**putt meem hear**
Feb 6, 2006
Central PA
Saint Teemu said:

The Caps color switch from the old rwb to the current patriotic set of blue, black and copper was made to coincide with the name change of the DC basketball team from the Washington Bullets (also rwb) to the Washington Wizards, as they both played in the MCI Center.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
Ruckus007 said:
Look, I disagree with most of what Shootmaster_44 posted he's still entitled to his opinion and since we're talking about fashion here, it's incredibly hard to truly be wrong. Shootmaster's opinion is as valid as yours or mine on this topic.

... Hence the smilie at the end.

Although I would still contend my opinion is gospel and anyone else's is completely and utterly wrong. :sarcasm:

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Here's the Ducks new logo and colors courtasy of Fog Dog and the NHL Draft Day caps.

[IMAGE]http://fog.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2921448dt.jpg[/IMAGE]

To me it looks like the the Flyers and Penguins had a illegitimate child.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad