New Uniforms?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
David Puddy said:
I made this concept using Andrew M. Greenstein's nhluniforms.com renderings. I swapped the black for blue and the red for gold while maintaining the aggressive, modern design.

I was surprised that some teams didn't make a change after the lockout. It would have been a natural time for change.

how do u do that?!

Spungo*

Stevedude530 said:
That's what the practice threads are for. They're form fitting, and they sell well.

The NHL doesn't need it.

I have never once seen anybody wearing a practice jersey in public, but if you say so.

GameFace247SON

@NHLonICE
Jun 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.thenhlonice.com
katodelder said:
One thing I did like about their now discontinued third jersey was the gradual fade it had from navy to maroon. I could see this concept of gradual fade taking hold in the near future with many more jerseys. A design concept with great potential, IMO.

more or less why i bought one, i dig the design

vcx*

The NHL decided against the form fitting jersies, not sure if EVERYONE knows that yet.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
Not sure if you know this yet or not, but it's been pushed back to 2007/08 so that Reebok can refine their ideas and designs.

Hockeyfan6781

Mar 2, 2003
Hamburg, NY
Tafkak said:
Not sure if you know this yet or not, but it's been pushed back to 2007/08 so that Reebok can refine their ideas and designs.
Reguardless of when Reebok is ready the Sabres are going back to the blue and gold next year.. They stated from the beginning, that this was their intentions, and also said way back that they have a contingency plan in place incase the reebok deal wasnt ready

blamebettman*

how about those form fitting nike swift jerseys, which were a financial disaster for nike.

Biggsy

Mar 5, 2006
Rutland/Kelowna
VANEKyo said:
buffalo will have new jerseys they more than likely will be new version of there old blue and gold jerseys.i would like the old b&g but anythings better than the evil goat head
Man i would love it if they went back to there old unis that would be swell

Vic Rattlehead*

reej said:
The Bruins are going to get a new third as far as my information tells me.

Really? If true, I must have missed something on the Bruins board...

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
I thought about this earlier... won't we see who's got new threads by the Draft? Most teams that completely overall logos or unis usually have them done by the draft so that their Number 1 pick can 'model' the new jersey for the team.

Teams with new thirds may not have them ready in time, but Anaheim, Buffalo, and Washington might, if they doing a full change in all 3 jerseys.

In The Flesh

Apr 26, 2006
I like them, but they remind me of columbus, columbus kind of already has the USA colors working their way, even thou it makes more sense for the captails to have that, since it is DC, I personally like the AHL uniforms alot, my favorite being the Milwaukee Admirals and Bridgeport

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
19bruins19 said:
Really? If true, I must have missed something on the Bruins board...
It wasn't mentioned there. It was mentioned on Sportslogos.net from a pretty reliable source I believe. I'll edit this post once I'm done eating dinner.

EDIT - Copied from the Sportslogos.net forums..

"A friend of mine works at a sports retail store in British Columbia. RBK supposedly comes in for meetings to update them on these things. He wrote this:

Vancouver: Current alternate is discontinued. Using blue 1970's vintage as an alternate.
Buffalo: Complete change.
Anaheim: Complete change.
Boston: Using black vintage as alternate. Not sure if the current alternate (yellow bear) is being discontinued.
Washington: Complete change. Red, White and Blue will be the base colours.
Edmonton: Using blue vintage as an alternate after Dec. 1/06. Not sure if current alternate is being discontinued.
Calgary: Black jersey is discontinued.

Last edited:

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
dieselmonkey16 said:
The Washington Capitals almost used these for the 2000-01 season, but scratched the idea at the last minute. I don't mind them at all.

http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15663&stc=1

Got this from www.nhluniforms.com
I like the color layout. I can't see the logo well enough.

Spydey629 said:
I thought about this earlier... won't we see who's got new threads by the Draft? Most teams that completely overall logos or unis usually have them done by the draft so that their Number 1 pick can 'model' the new jersey for the team.

Teams with new thirds may not have them ready in time, but Anaheim, Buffalo, and Washington might, if they doing a full change in all 3 jerseys.
Did Phoenix do for the 2003 draft? I thought they revealed them in August or September. I checked gettyimages.com, but Tyler Redenbach didn't have a draft-day picture. He was taken 77th overall as the Coyotes first selection that year.

It certainly would be a good marketing ploy to get the new sweaters out there at that time.

psukan

Nov 2, 2005
Vancouver

Vancouver should really go with the vintage blues as their regular uniforms and put the "C" on as the third jersey, perhaps as a home and away third jersey (white or blue).

Saint Teemu

Aug 16, 2005
My thoughts on the new jerseys:

Buffalo: If they do anything like the suggested concepts, it could be cool. I really don't like the goathead jerseys - too busy for me.
Vancouver: I like the Vintage unis, but I'd like to see the orca logo jerseys in a red-white-black colour scheme. I think it would work from the Haida art angle and from a Canadian colours angle. But blue and green for a team in Vancouver or Seattle makes sense.
Anaheim: They can't get rid of the old logo and jerseys fast enough for me. I hate them. I think a green-and-orange scheme could work really well.
Washington: RWB colour scheme is mandatory. You've also gotta work in a ton of stars. I almost think that a logo is unnecessary - just a kinda-retro looking scripted 'CAPITALS' could really work (not the old school logo or like the Rangers, but maybe across the chest in an arc).

With respect to jersey colours I think the bolder, the better. And simple, too: "Desert Sand" and "Jade" are colours that belong on a paint chip, not a hockey jersey. I also like a strong contrast. Anaheim's alternate is looks fine, I guess, but there's no contrast between the eggplant and black.

And count me in on those for a moritorium on black-based jerseys.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Man I must have bad taste or something, but I disagree with almost all the opinions mentioned in this thread.

I think the Capitals have amongst the best looking uniforms in the NHL. I understand the concept of DC being the US capital, so red, white and blue should be their colors. But if anything make that a 3rd or 4th jersey and keep what they have.

As far as the Horsehead Flames jerseys, I think these are nicer than what they wear otherwise. The logo is a good concept and much nicer than the ugly Flaming C. In my opinion the more creative the logo, the better. If you ask me if you've changed your jersey more than once tradition is lost anyways. If you want to use something that is more in line with your club's historic jerseys make them your vintage ones.

Also, I always thought that the Blue and White Sabres uniforms were ugly. I really like their uniforms other than their 3rd jersey with the crossed sabres. I'd say if you must go to Blue and White, go to a midnight blue and keep the logo they have now.

The Kings uniforms are the best looking they have had since their inception. The pre-Gretzky era uniforms are ugly (as are the Lakers frankly).

As far as the opinion the Blackhawks' always look good, I would say their uniforms are only nicer than the puke yellow Nashville and powder blue Atlanta jerseys. If a team needs an overhaul the Hawks definitely need one.

But honestly, the NHL should impose a 25 year moratorium on uniform changes. This is almost developing into a situation like MLB with their BP jerseys where they change yearly. I say pick a uniform and don't change it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->