New Trois-Rivières team are known as the Lions

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As reported and now made official, the arena will be called Colisée Vidéotron (not to be confused with Centre Vidéotron in Quebec that was built for an NHL team and is now used by the Remparts of the Q).

Also, French sports channel TVA Sports will broadcast 25 regular season games. I don't know if they're the first ECHL team to have a broadcast deal or if there are some other teams that have regional broadcast rights, as well.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
trois-rivieres-lions-new-logo-2021-echl-three-rivers-3r-lions-sportslogosnet.png

Source and Story: ECHL’s New Trois-Rivières Lions Announce Name, Unveil Logos

This logo is exceptional.

You heard it here first: when Quebec gets their NHL franchise again, les Lions de Trois-Rivieres will be their AHL affiliate.

Keeping red out of the logo was both an identity-marketing decision (the Quebec flag is blue-and white: le bleu-blanc-et-rouge is a colour scheme affiliated with Montreal, but not affiliated with la belle province) and a strategic business decision (the Quebec NHL team, whenever it returns, will have a blue-and-white colour scheme, evidently with silver as a secondary colour).

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
As reported and now made official, the arena will be called Colisée Vidéotron (not to be confused with Centre Vidéotron in Quebec that was built for an NHL team and is now used by the Remparts of the Q).

Also, French sports channel TVA Sports will broadcast 25 regular season games. I don't know if they're the first ECHL team to have a broadcast deal or if there are some other teams that have regional broadcast rights, as well.

The Royals don't have a TV deal in the traditional sense, but for a number of years all the road games have been shown on the local community access channel. They use the streaming feed from ECHL.tv, the radio play by play, and stick in a few commercials from team sponsors. I think the team actually pays the community access channel for the air time, and gets money from the sponsors to cover the costs (including whatever they are paying the league or the internet broadcast company for the feed). It isn't a money maker, but it is a way for diehard fans to see the road games without paying for subscription,. Hopefully a few people come across the games while flipping through the stations - or find it when it preempts "Berks County Dance Party", "Teen Talk" or "Pennsylvania Polka" on a Saturday night - and decide to check out a live home game.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Hopefully a few people come across the games while flipping through the stations - or find it when it preempts "Berks County Dance Party", "Teen Talk" or "Pennsylvania Polka" on a Saturday night - and decide to check out a live home game.

Reactions: royals119

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Ok I will try to build the TR team by comparing with the Laval team.

Laval

Bourque-Poehling-Belzile
K Roy-Dea-Martel
Pinard-Dauphin-Ylonen
Gignac-Vejdemo -Fortin
Teasdale-Baddock-Lucchini
Pezetta

Ouellet-Brooks
Amorosa-Belpedio
Bisson-Dello
Nell-Beaudoin

Primeault McKiven

Trois Rivers

Archambeault-Abandonato-Daoust
Desruisseaux-Hills-St Amant
Montminy-Beaudoin-Ducharme
Nellis-? - Nantel

Beaudoin-?
Brodeur- ?
Galipeau-?
Gagnon-?

Poulin- .?

It would therefore lack 1 center player, 4 right-handed defenders and 1 goalkeeper.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Ok I will try to build the TR team by comparing with the Laval team.

Laval

Bourque-Poehling-Belzile
K Roy-Dea-Martel
Pinard-Dauphin-Ylonen
Gignac-Vejdemo -Fortin
Teasdale-Baddock-Lucchini
Pezetta

Ouellet-Brooks
Amorosa-Belpedio
Bisson-Dello
Nell-Beaudoin

Primeault McKiven

Trois Rivers

Archambeault-Abandonato-Daoust
Desruisseaux-Hills-St Amant
Montminy-Beaudoin-Ducharme
Nellis-? - Nantel

Beaudoin-?
Brodeur- ?
Galipeau-?
Gagnon-?

Poulin- .?

It would therefore lack 1 center player, 4 right-handed defenders and 1 goalkeeper.

Primeau to T-R for the final year of his ELC, I'm sure 31 y.o. Poulin was signed to be the starter in Laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was fun to watch the Lions finally play. A saga that was 3 years in the making with many bumps in the road. But it felt good to have the moment get here.

Unfortunately, the Growlers won the 3 games the Lions started their franchise with.

Reactions: Roadhog

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Was fun to watch the Lions finally play. A saga that was 3 years in the making with many bumps in the road. But it felt good to have the moment get here.

Unfortunately, the Growlers won the 3 games the Lions started their franchise with.
I do believe the Lions will be a formidable opponent to other teams in the North. It is a shame they had to start with three games against arguably the strongest team in the ECHL.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Was fun to watch the Lions finally play. A saga that was 3 years in the making with many bumps in the road. But it felt good to have the moment get here. ...
Were you in attendance, or watching remotely? I'm interested in what local fans think of the new Colisée Vidéotron. From what I could see on the Flo streams it's been added to my road trip list, but I'd like help with ranking the venue. I only have so any more years of traveling left in me. :wally:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Were you in attendance, or watching remotely? I'm interested in what local fans think of the new Colisée Vidéotron. From what I could see on the Flo streams it's been added to my road trip list, but I'd like help with ranking the venue. I only have so any more years of traveling left in me. :wally:

No. I wasn't there. But I have friends in Trois-Rivières and the plan is to take a trip and go watch some games during the season. But the arena is beautiful. A posted in the Habs' HF board was there and he said it's a really nice arena.

And after the first game, which was a sell out, the next two games, they still drew good crowds.

Reactions: JMCx4 and Roadhog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad