New Trois-Rivières team are known as the Lions

Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017
trois-rivieres-lions-new-logo-2021-echl-three-rivers-3r-lions-sportslogosnet.png

Source and Story: ECHL’s New Trois-Rivières Lions Announce Name, Unveil Logos

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I like it. Cool and unique.

With the three "lobes" of the fleur de lis and the blue and white color scheme, it is faintly reminiscent of the Maple Leafs. I'm a little surprised they didn't put some red in it for that reason.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I like it. Cool and unique.

With the three "lobes" of the fleur de lis and the blue and white color scheme, it is faintly reminiscent of the Maple Leafs. I'm a little surprised they didn't put some red in it for that reason.
You never know when an ECHL team might switch affiliations. They should all adopt black & white logos and other branding, so they can be shuffled around at the end of each season without anybody noticing.

Reactions: Atlantian

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Laval has the red....
Yes, and Montreal. Since they are all the same organization it wouldn't be surprising. When the Kings-Monarchs-Royals were together all three has some purple in their jerseys. In fact, the Monarchs and Royals logos were designed by the same person. Manchester had gold accents and Reading silver to indicate the AHL/ECHL relationship

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yes, and Montreal. Since they are all the same organization it wouldn't be surprising. When the Kings-Monarchs-Royals were together all three has some purple in their jerseys. In fact, the Monarchs and Royals logos were designed by the same person. Manchester had gold accents and Reading silver to indicate the AHL/ECHL relationship
you forget.... does Newfoundland follow the Leafs/Marlies, motif, Royals..... REMEMBER, MLSE has no control over the operation as they don't in Iowa, either, since it's Deacon

THE Marlies were the Leafs back not long ago.....

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
you forget.... does Newfoundland follow the Leafs/Marlies, motif, Royals..... REMEMBER, MLSE has no control over the operation as they don't in Iowa, either, since it's Deacon

THE Marlies were the Leafs back not long ago.....
I didn't forget. The Growlers have nothing to to with it (despite their common owner). My comment was that the logo is shaped a bit similarly to the Maple Leafs, and it is blue. They are a Canadiens affiliate, located in Quebec. I'm mildly surprised they didn't include even a bit of red, just to make it more obvious they are affiliated with the other "local" teams that most of their potential ticket buyers are probably fans of, and not one of their rivals. I know Deacon Sports owns the team, and I know they are smart business people. They have said in interviews that it was very important that this team be affiliated with the Canadiens. I would have thought they would play up on that a bit more in the branding.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I didn't forget. The Growlers have nothing to to with it (despite their common owner). My comment was that the logo is shaped a bit similarly to the Maple Leafs, and it is blue. They are a Canadiens affiliate, located in Quebec. I'm mildly surprised they didn't include even a bit of red, just to make it more obvious they are affiliated with the other "local" teams that most of their potential ticket buyers are probably fans of, and not one of their rivals. I know Deacon Sports owns the team, and I know they are smart business people. They have said in interviews that it was very important that this team be affiliated with the Canadiens. I would have thought they would play up on that a bit more in the branding.
and nobody in this millenium saw the original Lions team that this franchise followed in that footstep, since when does Montreal have anything to do with it

Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017

The Fleur-de-lis will capture the attention of the fans in Quebec for sure. There are not many more iconic symbols that connect with the province of Quebec, I was expecting more colors in line with Montreal as well, but very impressed with this. Maybe some red on the jersey and or Montreal logo on the shoulders.

A more inline 3rd jersey with the Monreal color scheme down the line is also very likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad