New Top 20 leader Monahan has shown flashes of brilliance for Calgary Flames

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

While the Calgary Flames are set to miss the playoffs for a fifth consecutive year, there are positive indications the trend will be changing soon with the growing batch of prospects excelling in the system.

Sean Monahan has taken over the lead in the top 20 rankings with his ability to step in and make great strides as a NHL rookie. The stellar play of Joni Ortio, AHL All-Star Chad Billins, and Josh Jooris have led them onto the top 20 with slots opening up due to the graduation of Lance Bouma, the departure of Laurent Brossoit to Edmonton, and drop in rank of Mark Cundari.… read more

More...

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
I never really understood why HF loves Max Reinhart so much.

Also, how are Poirier and Klimchuk rated the same as Hanowski and Agostino? They're the lowest rated 1st round picks from last years draft for whatever reason

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Granlund too low

None of the players in the top20 has any negatives? :)

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

Also, how are Poirier and Klimchuk rated the same as Hanowski and Agostino? They're the lowest rated 1st round picks from last years draft for whatever reason

Poirer should be a 7.5 C. I'm not sure the guy has anything lacking in his toolbox. He has good size and speed. He's frisky as hell and can score goals. He's putting up tremendous points and has been consistent, so you know he has IQ and playmaking abilities. At 19 years old still.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Poirier and Klimchuk should be higher. I think Klimchuk should be a B. He plays any role and fits in anywhere. Why is Reinhart so high. I'm not sure if he's in my top 10. Knight is too high as well. Agostino is underrated, he's a Gaudreauby Baker canidate. Ortio and Granlund and Gillies should be higher as well

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Because of this

Reinhart can play the power play, kills penalties and is a solid two-way player. The playmaking center has good speed with a quick accurate release and sees the ice well but needs add muscle mass to play more physically at the NHL level. The versatile center's excellent hockey smarts and vision should quicken his transition to the professional level. The all-round forward quite easily projects as a top-six forward in the NHL for Calgary.

It's a C on the score mind you which means he may never play in the NHL full time either.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
My top 20
1. Monahan 8.0B
2. Gaudreau 8.5D
3. Baertschi 7.5C
4. Poirier 7.5C
5. Gillies 7.5C
6. Jankowski 7.5C
8. Klimchuk 7.0B
9. Reinhart 7.0C
10. Wotherspoon 7.0C
11. Ortio 7.0C
12. Knight 7.0C
13. Granlund 7.0C
14. Agostino 7.0C
15. Arnold 7.0C
16. Sieloff 7.0
17. Kanzig 6.5C
18. Hanowski 6.5C
19. Ferland 6.5C
20. Billins 6.5C/Ramage 6.5C

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Ya looking back at it I'd have him there too. He'd much better than Knight and Reinhart

9. GranMa
10. Reinhart
11. Wotherspoon
12. Ortio
13. Agostino
14. Knight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad