New to this

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I ain't changing my diet but I am unhappy with myself

Been getting chubby.

If anyone can suggest 1 ish hour work outs for a guy with a limited gym (in a condo for 2 months with free gym)

I'd be very thankful. And any youtube videos for techniques.

2nd workout in 3 years.
2nd in 2 days haha.

Many thanks in advance

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Diet is so much more important than working out when it comes to losing weight. I know you said you're not changing it but I'd recommend you reconsider that if you want to see results.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
^^ What he said. Diet is huge. If you don't want to change it right away, start with portion control. You'll be surprised how much proper portions can make a difference instead of eating on auto-pilot.

Edit: I see you're in Saskatchewan, if you're in Saskatoon, check out a group called Sweat Squad, Wednesday mornings, free group workout. Plenty of people to keep you motivated and accountable.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
^^ What he said. Diet is huge. If you don't want to change it right away, start with portion control. You'll be surprised how much proper portions can make a difference instead of eating on auto-pilot.

Edit: I see you're in Saskatchewan, if you're in Saskatoon, check out a group called Sweat Squad, Wednesday mornings, free group workout. Plenty of people to keep you motivated and accountable.

Great advice. Simple, gradual switches are key. Focusing on one thing at a time will add up faster than you think.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will skip the diet part because people already mentioned it. Lifestyle change in how you eat will always be more important.

As for workouts... I would never recommend 1 hour workouts to those who are just starting. I highly recommend 30-40 minute workouts 3x-4x a week to start. If going to the gym or working out is something you absolutely hate, then I suggest two 45 minute workouts a week. Keeps you active to start until you find your groove and then you won't quit. Nothing is worse than watching people go to the gym 5 days a week and then stopping altogether because they way overloaded their schedule.

As for what to do - simple full body workouts. I would google some beginner fullbody workouts. If you hate the gym, think about a possible Shaun T (beachbody recommended above) workout like T25 to keep you going.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Thankyou all ;)

I have a friend a workout freak entering a bodybuilding competition and I told him I'm going to start working out he told me I'd have to change my eating habits and drinking habits...

I realize diet is huge however if I stop growing and just gain some arm muscle I may be able to deal with that.

If I call myself chubby people say I'm not however in today's society people who are fat don't even get called out for it half the time and are called big boned.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Thankyou all ;)

I have a friend a workout freak entering a bodybuilding competition and I told him I'm going to start working out he told me I'd have to change my eating habits and drinking habits...

I realize diet is huge however if I stop growing and just gain some arm muscle I may be able to deal with that.

If I call myself chubby people say I'm not however in today's society people who are fat don't even get called out for it half the time and are called big boned.

Not by me.

Fat is fat, and I let them know(well, in my head i do). It's disgusting.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Track your calories. Eat 1800-2000 a day and do lots of body weight exercises (pull ups, chin ups, push ups, sit ups, etc)

Throw in some HIIT and you'll shed weight quick.

Then it's time to bulk

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
You can't outwork a bad diet. Diet is 90% of where it's at if you want to get toned and leaner.

Well....you cooooould but it's going to involve some sauce lol.

Even then though the results are going to be far better with a proper diet.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Kanye, good on you for seeking advice.

If you are looking to change your lifestyle and have a desire to be healthier, you need to invest your energy in the right spot. It is great to have an exercise regiment and a diet plan; but your single biggest challenge is between your ears. To change habit and alter the way you do things takes immense focus.

In the beginning, it ought to be given your full attention - change can be challnging so you have to rewire the way your brain thinkings and defaults to.

The whole point is to keep it sustainable and to not have periods where you take charge and are successful only to be followed by slipping back into old routines. In order to be consistent, you need to change the way you think. You also have to understand that that particular change WILL come with adversity in some form; that is normal and it is part of the process.

When first starting have small attainable goals. Write them down daily. Write down the time you intend on exercising and stick to it - especially if you don't feel like it. Even if you give it 50% energy the biggest win is rewiring the brain, which is not immediately recognizable to be able to see. Plan them for a week in advance and on about the second last day of when you are to be done the week, start to plan the next week.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
What's a good diet to try and ease into all of this? I'm not a big fan of most vegetables but the last week I've been eating chicken and wild rice when I've been craving cheese burgers. I think I've been able to consciously notice what I'm eating a little bit.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
What's a good diet to try and ease into all of this? I'm not a big fan of most vegetables but the last week I've been eating chicken and wild rice when I've been craving cheese burgers. I think I've been able to consciously notice what I'm eating a little bit.

Being conscious is great for sure. I'd say start with something you know you're doing poorly at. For example, if you're a big pop drinker try and reduce it by one less pop per day or one less every few days. Focus on that for a week or ten days, then reduce it further. If pop isn't a problem, try switching your white breads to whole wheat until you're used to it. Then switch to whole grain. Just take it one thing at a time and have some self discipline and I guarantee you'll get there. Time will pass either way.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
The more vegetables you eat the better you'll feel. And I love meat but vegetables >> rice or potatoes or whatever.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
The more vegetables you eat the better you'll feel. And I love meat but vegetables >> rice or potatoes or whatever.

I was on vacation last week and travelled through about 7 states down south and made it a point to try a new dish in each state that had vegetables in it. Turns out if they're cooked properly I don't really mind them that much.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I was on vacation last week and travelled through about 7 states down south and made it a point to try a new dish in each state that had vegetables in it. Turns out if they're cooked properly I don't really mind them that much.
Exactamundo

Sounds crazy but the more you eat the better they taste...

5 years ago I'd eat only certain vegetable with dinner if cooked.

Now I eat raw carrots and broccoli for lunch. Just get used to the freshness I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->