"New" to Hockey, Soon to be New to Vegas!

Brad Chadwick

Jan 16, 2017
Good afternoon, Thread title Says a lot - I am been watching NHL for 3 years now and am a "Noob" I guess!

Number 1 teams I like: Chicago Blackhawks (I live in Berwyn IL)

NY Rangers - my gf is from Buffalo, NY

Pittsburgh Penguins - I was born in Pitt my Pa is a HUGE Steelers fan

But I diegress - my roommate got us awesome jobs in Las Vegas so I am moving there maybe even as soon as 2 months from now!

So long story short I need a team to start from scratch and learn about hockey to. This seems like the place even though i dont know have the things i seen talked about so sorry if this is out of place but I am going to make Golden Knights my new #1 club to be fan for.

Looking for forum for hockey basics dicussion but also glad to see this board already in place for the Knights.

So there it is. but one last question:

Looks like most good elite players are going to be "protected" and the draft won't be able to touch them, are there any great players that the Knights can get or TRADES that can be made?

I saw a thread about European leagues but I don't no anything about Euro hockey I'm from southside Chicago LOL.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Not just "most" but all elite players are going to be protected. Vegas' first superstar is very likely going to have to come from an entry draft. Teams won't expose anything close to a star and it's not often a superstar is traded for what Vegas will have to offer.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There should be a sports bar that becomes THE place for Knights fans to congregate.

Then when a hockey fan or newbie is in town, they could just drop in, shoot the bull about the NHL and the team over a cold brew or two. :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad