OT: New Thread Tags—Suggestions?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I went rogue years ago and created "Player Discussion," and within days we had a thread devoted to literally every player. You're opening a Pandora's box. :laugh:

Maybe "Draft"? Could apply to the general draft thread, specific discussion about our impending draft selections, and would replace "Prospect Info" as the prefix for the individual player threads on draft day.

Wouldn't get a ton of use but it's all I can think of.

EDIT: I also made sure the tags had different colors (to the extent possible) and all had colons. The fact that Player Discussion doesn't have a colon must be someone getting back at me.

EDIT 2: I don't know if anyone actually uses the Larry Brooks tag, but if they do, there should also be a Vince Mercogliano and Rick Carpiniello tag. We used to have a Steve Zipay tag and one for that other guy whose name I forget.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I went rogue years ago and created "Player Discussion," and within days we had a thread devoted to literally every player. You're opening a Pandora's box. :laugh:

Maybe "Draft"? Could apply to the general draft thread, specific discussion about our impending draft selections, and would replace "Prospect Info" as the prefix for the individual player threads on draft day.

Wouldn't get a ton of use but it's all I can think of.

EDIT: I also made sure the tags had different colors (to the extent possible) and all had colons. The fact that Player Discussion doesn't have a colon must be someone getting back at me.

EDIT 2: I don't know if anyone actually uses the Larry Brooks tag, but if they do, there should also be a Vince Mercogliano and Rick Carpiniello tag. We used to have a Steve Zipay tag and one for that other guy whose name I forget.
Who was responsible for this? I need names.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Who was responsible for this? I need names.
f***ing me. I had recently become an admin and no one told me what I could or could not do, so when I found out I could create thread tags I went for it.

Weinman, I think, was the other guy I made a tag for.

Reactions: Trxjw

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
f***ing me. I had recently become an admin and no one told me what I could or could not do, so when I found out I could create thread tags I went for it.

Weinman was a champ.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Off-Topic, Street fights, Anything Goes and as mentioned by 31, Babes+ :laugh:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Thread tags, e.g. “OT”, Player Discussion”, “Speculation”, “Prospect Info”, etc.

Any useful ones you think would improve the board?

IDK

PP Prospects and Podcasts

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I kind of feel like the draft thread should just be a sticky.
I want to consolidate our stickies but people get so grumpy about the TWO tickets threads. :laugh:

I’m not opposed to stickying the Draft thread. I unstickied the Media Guide...seasons over for us anyway.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I kind of feel like the draft thread should just be a sticky.
IIRC it was for a period of time, but when the edict came down that only eight threads could be stickied (excluding GDT/PGT), it was unstuck.

Around the NHL, Roster Building, Prospects, AHL/ECHL, Tickets, Season Tickets, NYC Thread, and Rules were the eight.

I also seem to remember this being voted on a few years ago, as well.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I went rogue years ago and created "Player Discussion," and within days we had a thread devoted to literally every player.

PertinentGroundedAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: nyr2k2

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Did we never have a Gross tag?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Did we never have a Gross tag?

Or Leonard? @nyr2k2, please tell me you didn't create a Leonard tag.
LOL. Now that Gross has been mentioned, I believe we had a tag for him, in fact, and not Weinman. I think Weinman had already moved on. IIRC correctly Carp was also around at that time but he didn't get a tag because he never actually broke any news and he was generally a dick. Now he would be worthy, with the whole The Athletic thing.

Reactions: Tawnos

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
LOL. Now that Gross has been mentioned, I believe we had a tag for him, in fact, and not Weinman. I think Weinman had already moved on. IIRC correctly Carp was also around at that time but he didn't get a tag because he never actually broke any news and he was generally a dick. Now he would be worthy, with the whole The Athletic thing.

Gross was good... as good as Vince now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad