Boston Bruins New thirds

ClassicBruins

Apr 19, 2018
I would like to know why the B's have yet to bring back the greatest set of jersey's\uniforms as those of the 80's and early 90's? I always thought that with Neely as the president that this would have happened by now. Even Bergeron was quoted as saying that he would love to wear the 80's uniforms before he retires.

Who signs off on these things anyways??

Reactions: Jdavidev

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I would like to know why the B's have yet to bring back the greatest set of jersey's\uniforms as those of the 80's and early 90's? I always thought that with Neely as the president that this would have happened by now. Even Bergeron was quoted as saying that he would love to wear the 80's uniforms before he retires.

Who signs off on these things anyways??

It was mentioned a ways back (2016 WC?) that Neely was hands on in the design process and he “likes black”. I believe the context is that they went black instead of brown for the retro look for the WC.

I wonder how hands on he is in the design process and if he’s the driving force behind the effing black (Penguins) socks at home.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think these look fantastic. Probably a close 2nd favorite would be the black alternate jersey's they wore during the Julien era.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think a Gold jersey would have been nice and instead of B maybe have Boston written diagonally in a different Font.
Just go full Penguins!

upload_2019-11-25_7-22-39.jpeg

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
When the day comes and Bergeron becomes the Captain, I could see this being my Bergy jersey with the "C" on there :)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
NBC plans to show the game in 4K on Friday afternoon on Xfinity and DirecTV ( you need a 4K set-top box from either provider which they will provide at no charge )

The system was tested on Saturday during the Notre Dame/BC football game where all WBTS (NBC 10 Boston) commercials were seen on the 4K channel.

It appears COX in RI is on board but NOT Charter/Spectrum in Central Mass and Maine

If all goes well, will we finally be getting 4k hockey for national broadcasts?

I assume NESN isnt an option right now.

ClassicBruins

Apr 19, 2018
Missing those beauty 80's era jerseys bums me out. I was introduced to the Bruins in these horrendous things:

hi-res-317330-apr-1997-defenseman-ray-bourque-of-the-boston-bruins-in_crop_exact.jpg

I still can't believe the Bruins went from those awesome old Original Six Garden jersey's (in 1995) to these monstrosities when the moved into the Fleetcenter! And to top it off, they broke out the Winnie The Pooh jersey's that same season. Honestly, the Original Six look has never been the same. This was the beginning of the end for me as a Bruin fan. It wasn't about hockey anymore, it was about selling crap.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I still can't believe the Bruins went from those awesome old Original Six Garden jersey's (in 1995) to these monstrosities when the moved into the Fleetcenter! And to top it off, they broke out the Winnie The Pooh jersey's that same season. Honestly, the Original Six look has never been the same. This was the beginning of the end for me as a Bruin fan. It wasn't about hockey anymore, it was about selling crap.

....and it STILL is!

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The Winter Classics last year were about as close to perfect to me as I could have ever asked for. And I never even got a chance to see them up close.

I'm also with those who adore the simplicity of those early Neely days designs and would love to see another gold-based sweater too.

These thirds? Didn't like it when I saw the rumours in the off-season, but I'm warming. Doesn't hurt that lately a lot of the new designs for other teams can turn a stomach.

Reactions: JCRO

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

They were about a decade late with those Winnipeg Jets monstrosities.

However, given that 90’s nostalgia is in full swing, I wouldn’t mind seeing them as a one off, although Adidas can’t do that collar on their garbage template.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The Winter Classics last year were about as close to perfect to me as I could have ever asked for. And I never even got a chance to see them up close.

I'm also with those who adore the simplicity of those early Neely days designs and would love to see another gold-based sweater too.

These thirds? Didn't like it when I saw the rumours in the off-season, but I'm warming. Doesn't hurt that lately a lot of the new designs for other teams can turn a stomach.

Yeah I'm warming up to them too. I'll never like the 2 stripe look but I'll get over it eventually.

The jerseys look much better in the context of the full uniform.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I really enjoy and appreciate the simplicity, I have no problem with the color scheme, the block B, or the collar. But the elbow stripes are...blegh- that's what really locks it in to looking like a Pitt jersey to me, and diminishes it a bit.

I won't be buying one, but I won't mind seeing them once in a while.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
man the Penguins-ish look is bothering me way more than it should. Like there is nothing distinctly 'Bruins' about these. You could replace the giant B with a giant P and the Pens could wear them without having to change a thing. That to me is an issue.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I really enjoy and appreciate the simplicity, I have no problem with the color scheme, the block B, or the collar. But the elbow stripes are...blegh- that's what really locks it in to looking like a Pitt jersey to me, and diminishes it a bit.

I won't be buying one, but I won't mind seeing them once in a while.

if one of these happen to be delivered by Santa on Christmas Day, I`d be more than happy to pull it over my melon

Reactions: EvilElf63

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Dressed for success? Bruins unveil new third jersey - The Boston Globe

The snazzy new jerseys, to be worn in game action for the first time when the Rangers visit for Friday’s 1 p.m. matinee, feature an oversized bold “B” on the chest, taking the place of the club’s iconic spoked-B logo that is embedded into center ice at the Garden.

The jerseys are black, trimmed in gold numerals and letters, with a distinctive gold band that rings the full circumference of the collar. It’s the club’s first new alternate jersey since the 2015-16 season, when the Bruins occasionally wore a somewhat similar model that was designed specifically for the outdoor Winter Classic game against the Canadiens at Gillette Stadium on Jan. 1, 2016.

After we went through the Winter Classic jersey, the big bold ‘B’ was pretty impressive on the jersey when I saw it,” offered Neely, when asked who came up with the new design. “So it started there. And I am a big fan of black over white [as base color], so we started with what was going to be the crest. Then to decide on the color, we looked back at the other jerseys, historically. Then I polled some people in the office to see what they thought. You want to make sure you are getting it right, or as right as you think you can get it.”

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->