New Third Jerseys in 2013-14?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
0607-alanjohnherbert-pit.png

25yuswsw28295.gif

For as much as I hate the robo-pigeon logo, I have far more issues with that jersey template than I do that soulless child of 90s marketing. Unbalanced striping, gradients, introducing a color that isn't in the color scheme, the inexplicable stripes within the yoke, the way the back looks on the vast majority of numbers (like that one), etc.

From a design standpoint that is the worst jersey ever regularly worn in the NHL in my opinion. And hell, despite me loving that logo far more than that joke pigeon, at least the funky striping made a little sense when it fuzed with the logo...here is just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

The only jersey there I remotely like is the Pirates throwback, which would be a great one-use Winter Classic jersey for a game against Philadelphia.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
People in Pittsburgh crave for the early 90's stuff again. They'd sell incredibly well.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
25yuswsw28295.gif

For as much as I hate the robo-pigeon logo, I have far more issues with that jersey template than I do that soulless child of 90s marketing. Unbalanced striping, gradients, introducing a color that isn't in the color scheme, the inexplicable stripes within the yoke, the way the back looks on the vast majority of numbers (like that one), etc.

From a design standpoint that is the worst jersey ever regularly worn in the NHL in my opinion. And hell, despite me loving that logo far more than that joke pigeon, at least the funky striping made a little sense when it fuzed with the logo...here is just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

The only jersey there I remotely like is the Pirates throwback, which would be a great one-use Winter Classic jersey for a game against Philadelphia.

Dear lord I agree to kill it with fire. But what if that same logo was done w/ all yellow instead of gray? That would be kind of a neat take on it, right?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
People in Pittsburgh crave for the early 90's stuff again. They'd sell incredibly well.

I think they already do sell. Every store has 90s jerseys w/ old Penguins on it. I see a lot of them at the game. I'd love for them to go back to the black/yellow 92 jersey, but I think marketing will overlook it because it's already selling.

I'd kill to see Sid wear the same jersey as they did in the early 90s. That'd be such a cool sight. Plus Pittsburgh is a town that lives off of their history. The fact we are still called a blue collar town when we haven't had the steel industry forever speaks volume. This city just eats up anything/everything that takes us back in time.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
25yuswsw28295.gif

Interesting this site has the jersey you are burning as the greatest in NHL history of all the teams :laugh:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...he-50-best-uniforms-in-league-history/page/51

People have different taste obviously :)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That's one (non-paid) guy who said Buffalo's can't-get-rid-of-it-fast-enough alternate was the best current jersey.

Bleacher Report is about as easy to write for as Wikipedia is...and far less accurate.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Since when did jersey taste become accurate? :)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Icethetics.info has had a couple of really good submissions for Penguins concepts (and some not so good). Here are a few:

Not bad
1127-andrewbourne-pit1.png

Could deal with as third only
1127-andrewbourne-pit2.png

Never!
0719-nickburton-pit.png

As Cole pointed out, lose the grey gradient and make it a solid yellow across

Logo needs to be bigger and blue needs to be black
0505-colinmay-pit.png

I really like these next two, but whats the fasination with more than one or two stripes? They make them look hideous when one or two it's perfect.
0326-alanwaldron-pit.png

0326-alanwaldron-pit-rev.png

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
I really like these next two, but whats the fasination with more than one or two stripes? They make them look hideous when one or two it's perfect.
0326-alanwaldron-pit.png

Those uniforms, at least the two w/o the circular logo, would look pretty good if they cut the amount of stripes in half. I agree: just too many stripes. Although they should ditch the bubble themed letters and numbers for a more square design.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Thats just way to busy. To make that middle stripe work it would have to be on a black and white version of a Red Wings or 'yotes jersey.

I actually like the idea of the jersey being just black and white. The only gold should be the triangle and numbers.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
here's a concept I came up with years ago (probably 2008 since it has '08 on the jersey).. the photo is a little grainy.. and I could probably execute it better, but here it is anyway.. maybe i'll work up some more later.

PenguinsJe-1.jpg

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Sorry man but I'd pass on that one.

i would too. haha
like i said it was done years ago.. i could do better now.. if I get time i'll come up with something..
just thought id add it to the conversation.. here are some concepts i did for other teams more recently..
I think i did these right before the season last year

JETS.jpg

DUCK3.jpg

DUCK1.jpg

homeaway-1.jpg

3rds.jpg

I guess i did one of these too..
but it was poorly executed as well
Jersey2.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events