New Third Jerseys in 2013-14?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
"They want the newer jerseys to belong to the Sid/Geno era, not the Mario era"

Translation:

"We already sell those early '90s jerseys and a lot of people already have them so we wouldn't be making money hand over fist if the team worse those ones."

true story

I say make it the Snoop jersey

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I highly doubt the Penguins go blue again, since I do think this alternate will be a set-up for a new home-and-road set in ~2015 or 16, but I would love to see those 1977 jerseys used the next time we're involved in a Winter Classic.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Every time I see those Winter Classic photoshops (the black and yellow ones) I always find them so dull and lifeless. We complain about our cookie colour template jersey and then support a more traditional cookie colour template?

Assuming Mario holds strong on his belief that Vegas Gold is the colour of the Crosby era, how would everyone feel about these?

PENGUINSNewTemplate_zps7916465c.png

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Every time I see those Winter Classic photoshops (the black and yellow ones) I always find them so dull and lifeless. We complain about our cookie colour template jersey and then support a more traditional cookie colour template?

Assuming Mario holds strong on his belief that Vegas Gold is the colour of the Crosby era, how would everyone feel about these?

PENGUINSNewTemplate_zps7916465c.png

The one on the bottom is quite nice.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Agreed. Would be nice to see a white version. And I think the top right and bottom right on The Tang's portfolio are quite nice.

Plain and simple the Pens current jerseys are by far the worst in the league and that is compounded by the color scheme. If they are going to stick to the gold color. Which I'm sure they are. Then they need some stripes to help make the tan pop.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
Agreed. Would be nice to see a white version. And I think the top right and bottom right on The Tang's portfolio are quite nice.

Thanks. I actually like the middle left black more; I think white is better on the lower sleeve since it balances better.

Plain and simple the Pens current jerseys are by far the worst in the league and that is compounded by the color scheme. If they are going to stick to the gold color. Which I'm sure they are. Then they need some stripes to help make the tan pop.

I think the third's are in contention for worse, but not the regulars although I don't think they're very good. The blotches instead of stripes just don't look that good on any jersey. I like the Vegas gold though; it's pretty unique IMO.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Our current home/roads are mediocrities...they're boring, but functional. I don't know how anyone could rate them as the worst in the league as long as Dallas, Anaheim, and Colorado are still wearing their jokes (and despite Florida getting the colors right their jerseys are still painful to look at...and Ottawa has the same exact scheme as us with an atrocious logo, and...).

That third jersey that JackFr posted is essentially what I'm expecting.

And don't get me wrong when I say boring...I mean that template doesn't make the colors pop like they should and the vegas gold just looks drab and out of place (the template also makes Ottawa's scheme look bad). They're more complex than our pre-lockout jerseys, but those looked ten times better. I love simplistic designs...there' just a thin line between classy and boring.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
All Florida really needs to do is drop the half stripes on the inner elbows; I've never been able to figure out the point of that design aspect. It looked especially bad on the Oilers first edge uniforms

I love simplistic designs...there' just a thin line between classy and boring.

The best designs for sports uniforms in general are simplistic I have found. Whenever teams try to get complicated/non-traditional patterns it normally ends up terrible (Anaheim and Ottawa 3rds come to mind). I think that mentality is supported by teams going back to more traditional designs in the past few years, i.e. Edmonton and Islanders.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I get why people don't like the blue uni's. (several reasons). I do like them however, (as a kid in the mid 70's I first knew the team in the blues) I didn't like the style they choose to do the blue throwbacks. I would prefer a jersey they actually wore. I didn't like the design and logo they picked. The penguin with scarf, and ugly striping on the waist and arms...ugh.

If going blue, I would love any of the mid to late 70's uniforms. Similar to the one posted previously in this thread. Late 70's style.

I really do like Tweed's designs.

Not a fan of the diagonal PITTSBURGH front, or the pigeon.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
it irks me to no end that boston fans (and bruins ownership) think they own pittsburgh colors. it's a big reason why i want the penguins to bring back the colors.

screw them. The reason why the Pens were allowed those colors is that our first NHL team (Pirates) had them. Besides, Steeler fans don't ***** & moan that the Saints wear Black & Gold also.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
screw them. The reason why the Pens were allowed those colors is that our first NHL team (Pirates) had them. Besides, Steeler fans don't ***** & moan that the Saints wear Black & Gold also.

I went to school up near Boston; that sense of entitlement isn't just limited to hockey uniform colors. You don't know how many times I heard the Red Sox "deserved" the title more than anyone else. (Seriously, a bunch said they actually deserved it more).

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I went to school up near Boston; that sense of entitlement isn't just limited to hockey uniform colors. You don't know how many times I heard the Red Sox "deserved" the title more than anyone else. (Seriously, a bunch said they actually deserved it more).

I hear you. However, it seems like all of the O6 teams have some sense of entitlement. The worst thing, the name O6 is a misnomer, only 2 of them were around during the first NHL season, they just happened to be the 6 teams to survive until 1967. I digress, but screw them all....

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Fib4G.jpg

Posted this last year, based on wilkes-barre thirds, wouldn't need much change to work for the nhl club.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
Fib4G.jpg

Posted this last year, based on wilkes-barre thirds, wouldn't need much change to work for the nhl club.

Word from "a friend in the know" is that WBS was prototyping them for the big club. Not sure if the lockout has thrown that off for the foreseeable future though.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->