New Third Jerseys in 2013-14?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
According to icethetics the Penguins alternates are on Reebok's list for jerseys to change for next season.

There's absolutely no leaks of what they could be...but I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm hoping for a throwback to the original Cup era. If those jerseys do well they would set the table for a full jersey change, perhaps? I want nothing more than to see the home and road changed to a 1980-92 template (but vegas gold will obviously stay...it's all over the new arena and isn't going anywhere for at least another decade because of that)...and that wasn't going to happen without sales of a like-designed alternate selling gangbusters. I just don't know why the hell that wasn't done with the 2011 Winter Classic, but I guess Lemieux and Burkle wanted to milk the blue phase for everything they could.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
As long as it's not blue I'm good. :laugh:

Still, if anything we need new home and away jerseys IMO. If this goes through then that means we've had 2 alternate jersey changes since 2008....yet have have had the same home and away jerseys since what...2007-08??

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
i'm still hoping for a black & yellow alternate, even if the design is ugly. if they don't, i wish they would change the cookie cutter template on the regular jerseys before introducing another alt.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I've loved both of the blue ones but I'd love to see these:
Cheap%20nhl%20jerseys%20CCM%20Pittsburgh%20Penguins%2087%20Sidney%20Crosby%20Yellow%20Jersey.jpg

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
can't imagine we'll get another blue jersey or that Mario Lemieux's Penguins will do anything crazy and super modern. If I were to bet on it, I'd say they roll back the clock a couple of decades to sport something similar to what Lemieux and friends wore whilst leading the team to back-to-back Stanley Cups. But that's all just wishful guess work. It could be anything at this point.

I've been asking for those for years, bring the early 90's jerseys back baby!!!!:yo:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The problem with the business side of the 90s jersey is that people are already buying Francis/Lemieux/etc. jerseys. People wear them to the game. If they get a brand new jersey, everyone buys one. If they go with the 1992 Pens jersey... do they get the same amount?

Just a business perspective. I wish they chose the old Pens jersey.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The problem with the business side of the 90s jersey is that people are already buying Francis/Lemieux/etc. jerseys. People wear them to the game. If they get a brand new jersey, everyone buys one. If they go with the 1992 Pens jersey... do they get the same amount?

Just a business perspective. I wish they chose the old Pens jersey.

True but at the same time maybe people will still want that classic jersey but this time with a current player's name on the back like Sid or Geno.

For me it's simply because I fell in love with the Pens during that era and I want to see them wear that jersey again. Guess i'm just selfish :D

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Please have a third similar to those used in the early 90's. The black and yellow ones.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
Can't remember where I read it, but I saw somewhere that Lemieux doesn't want to do the early 90s look because he feels that look belongs to those teams, and the Sid and Malkin era Pens need to build up their own imagery and brand, strongly associated with Vegas gold.

I'd love to see regular jerseys with similar design to the 90s ones but with Vegas gold instead of the somewhat eye jarring bright yellow. I think WBS had something like that recently.

Long Duk Dong

Sammich King
Aug 7, 2007
Beaver Falls, PA
I liked the ones the Pens had before the Edge design. At least the gold was good instead of tan. Go back to those, and 91/92 whites for the third. Those ones some guy made on here a few years ago were badass. He did yellow and tan ones on Crosby skating.

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Can't remember where I read it, but I saw somewhere that Lemieux doesn't want to do the early 90s look because he feels that look belongs to those teams, and the Sid and Malkin era Pens need to build up their own imagery and brand, strongly associated with Vegas gold.I'd love to see regular jerseys with similar design to the 90s ones but with Vegas gold instead of the somewhat eye jarring bright yellow. I think WBS had something like that recently.

i believe the real reason is that the typical cheap yinzer can wear their stiller gear to the pens game and appear supportive. the vegas gold takes care of that problem.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Can't remember where I read it, but I saw somewhere that Lemieux doesn't want to do the early 90s look because he feels that look belongs to those teams, and the Sid and Malkin era Pens need to build up their own imagery and brand.

I read that too somewhere, I wish I could remember where...

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
i believe the real reason is that the typical cheap yinzer can wear their stiller gear to the pens game and appear supportive. the vegas gold takes care of that problem.

Vegas gold isn't a bad color, imo, but it's stupid not to have jerseys that are black and yellow in a city where every other teams color is... black and gold. F the Bruins, they can change their ****!

Pittsburgh is black and gold. Boston can pick red, white, and blue like their football team, or green like their basketball team. Pittsburgh is black and gold.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Meh. No blue, no throw backs, no French's Mustard.... do something new but something classy / understated with black gold and white. People like to get stuck in the past too much.

Why back in my day we never used to get stuck in the past. Those were the days!

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
The new thirds can't be worse than the last two, can they?

I will take a throwback from the 80's or early 90's but I have it a feeling it won't happen. New regular uniforms would be nice too; I've never cared for the edge style.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
We're in the same division as the Rangers...I'd really prefer not to wear a jersey that's a direct rip-off of theirs.

Try being a Kitchener Rangers (OHL) fan. :laugh:

$(KGrHqVHJBsE9BgbGc5-BPfROP7t4g~~60_3.JPG

Sure our jerseys are the same because we wanna honour our past sponsership related relationship that we had with the NY Rangers in the 60's....I get it. But when I see how much nicer alot of other OHL team jerseys are (i.e. London Knights jerseys), the appearance of our Kitchener Rangers jerseys make me sad.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I guess I'm alone in liking the circle logo. Sure a lot of teams have moved to them but Pittsburgh Penguins just fits well in that circle. If they do go to blue again, I would rather see a play off of the mid to late 70's jersey. Its just a blue version of the 90's cup jersey's.

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Vegas gold isn't a bad color, imo, but it's stupid not to have jerseys that are black and yellow in a city where every other teams color is... black and gold. F the Bruins, they can change their ****!

Pittsburgh is black and gold. Boston can pick red, white, and blue like their football team, or green like their basketball team. Pittsburgh is black and gold.

it irks me to no end that boston fans (and bruins ownership) think they own pittsburgh colors. it's a big reason why i want the penguins to bring back the colors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad