New stick choice

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Looking at 2 models on sale at a local store near my home. Warrior Covert QRL SE
Or
CCM Supertacks 2.0

Both are on sale roughly the same price, and reduced nearly by two thirds original price.

Any opinions which is better or which will last longer?

Thanks

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Looking at 2 models on sale at a local store near my home. Warrior Covert QRL SE
Or
CCM Supertacks 2.0

Both are on sale roughly the same price, and reduced nearly by two thirds original price.

Any opinions which is better or which will last longer?

Thanks

I have a Super Tacks 2.0 and it is a tank. The corners are reinforced so it can take a beating. It has a stiff blade which is good for accuracy. In my opinion it plays stiffer than advertised as far as flex rating goes (mine is a 75 flex but feels like an 80). Overall it's a very good all-around stick.

Keep in mind the ST 2.0 is a mid-kick, while the Warrior QRL is a low-kick, so one might be better suited for you than the other depending on your style and shooting mechanics.

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I have a Super Tacks 2.0 and it is a tank. The corners are reinforced so it can take a beating. It has a stiff blade which is good for accuracy. In my opinion it plays stiffer than advertised as far as flex rating goes (mine is a 75 flex but feels like an 80). Overall it's a very good all-around stick.

Keep in mind the ST 2.0 is a mid-kick, while the Warrior QRL is a low-kick, so one might be better suited for you than the other depending on your style and shooting mechanics.

Thanks for the advice. I have a Sherwood Project 9 in 85 flex now (variable kick point), but I've usually had the CCM Trigger line of sticks before. I find no matter what I get, I can adapt to it to some degree. This time I'm leaning towards the Warrior stick, but maybe I should go use the shooting pad and try the CCM stick before I buy. Thanks again for the info

Reactions: BruinDust

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I'm not made out of money lol

They're a good deal though, right?

And it's not like whatever stick you buy is going to last forever...

Eventually you'll need a new stick, and you'll already have one that you got for a good price

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
They're a good deal though, right?

And it's not like whatever stick you buy is going to last forever...

Eventually you'll need a new stick, and you'll already have one that you got for a good price

Ahh, too late now. They only had RH CCM models in the store (and online) and I'm a lefty. I always get 1 new stick and use it right away, just incase it breaks during the warranty period. Warrior QRL SE is what I decided to go with, I have Warrior gloves I've been happy with so I think I'll be fine.

Thanks again!

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Update:
Used the new Warrior QRL SE stick in a couple pickup games, absolutely loving it so far. Same scenario every year or two; buy and older high-end stick on massive sale and enjoy.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Update:
Used the new Warrior QRL SE stick in a couple pickup games, absolutely loving it so far. Same scenario every year or two; buy and older high-end stick on massive sale and enjoy.
sideline swap is always a good place to find sticks. i got a ccm jetspeed p30 curve last year and a bauer vapor 1x lite p14 curve this year, about the same price. the p30/p14 curve is hard to find retail so sideline swap is a good option. haven't had a chance to try out the p14 on the bauer, curve is a little different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad