New SJ Sharks GM

ScottS

Jan 20, 2021
Hello HFNHL!

My name is Scott! I am the new GM of the SJ Sharks!

I’m super excited to join the league and looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting settled into the new office. To tell you a little bit about myself…I have been managing sim league teams for the last 8 years or so and have learned quite a bit since first starting off. I now live in Florida but grew-up in western NY rooting for the Sabres/Bills. I won’t tell you who my favorite NHL team(s)/player(s) are to avoid having to pay trade premiums!

I enjoy trade talks…getting to know fellow GMs…discussing ideas, trade evaluations etc
I am available most of the time and usually am quick to respond/reply to offers. I’m not a GM that gets offended at low-ball offers and will at the very least reply back with a “Thanks, but no thanks” at the very least – I realize we all value things differently.

Give me some time to get a handle on the team, size up pluses/minuses but if you want to send offers etc that’s fine…just gonna be awhile before I’m ready to consider changes and need some time to get up to speed with league market values and assess how the team doing on the ice.

My management style is in a word – patience. I enjoy building from youth and adding the right pieces from free agency season to season. I enjoy putting the best team I can out on the ice and competing – even if I recognize that I don’t have a Cup team. Not a fan of complete tear downs and rebuilds – its not that I have any issue with it as a strategy…I just don’t like being in the basement and losing.

Cheers!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Welcome, Scott - you have a recent HF Stanley Cup winner there with some nice talent - looking forward to your tenure!

Matthew
GM FLAMES - Co-Director of Player Personnel

Matt Y

Jan 1, 2021
Welcome to the league and making it so I am not the new guy anymore!

Matt
New Jersey Devils

Reactions: ScottS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad