TV: New series to watch?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Ok, I just finished Billions, which I loved. I have watched Blacklist and really enjoyed it.

Some historic series I have/still enjoy are FBI, Designated Survivor, West Wing, Madame Secretary, Law and Order, Boston Legal, Prodigal Son, Newsroom, House of Cards,

I did try but didn't enjoy Breaking Bad, Yellowstone,. Not a Sci Fi, Fantasy guy much although I enjoyed GOT. (And haven't done House of Dragons because I don't really do prequels)

The three that look most promising for me to start on: Tulsa King, Tom Clancy: Jack Ryan, Slow Horses, Succession, White Lotus.

With this information, any suggestions?

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Your taste is not the same as mine personally, but based on your info you could try some other Showtime shows like Dexter and Homeland

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Band of Brothers, I just started it after watching a couple of YT videos talking about the history and the show.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
For All Mankind is one of the best thing i saw. Ever. But im a hardcore Sci-Fi fan. I understand, its not for everyone.

But there is everything. Sci-Fi, drama, love story, a little bit comedy, surprising twists, alternative history ...

Reactions: Fripp and Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
For All Mankind is one of the best thing i saw. Ever. But im a hardcore Sci-Fi fan. I understand, its not for everyone.

But there is everything. Sci-Fi, drama, love story, a little bit comedy, surprising twists, alternative history ...
Agreed – I stumbled on For All Mankind last year and couldn't believe how good it was. Although it's heavily rooted in science, it's not exactly sci-fi. Yes, it's about NASA and space travel, but in an historical/political context. Anyway... that's semantics. Loved the show and have recommended it to friends!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If the OP liked The Blacklist, he'll probably love Homeland. Same pace, with an even better storyline and one of the best first seasons I've ever seen.

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
Since they haven't been mentioned, I feel obligated to say Mad Men and The Wire. Two of the greatest shows of all time.

Homeland season 1 was excellent, but the series went on for far too long.

As for the shows you mentioned, I've been watching Slow Horses and it's been really good. Season 2 just wrapped up and it's already picked up for at least 2 more seasons. Succession season 4 is expected in the spring. So you might want to catch up if you like to watch week to week, or hold off if you prefer to binge.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
The Twilight Zone is always great as long as you don't hate black & white shows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad