Madhatter73

Apr 20, 2004
BWTbfQlIIAAJUQ0.jpg:large

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Awesome, and FINALLY! :handclap: :yo:

Whoever goes tonight, PLEASE take some pics and videos. Im curious to know if the corners are permanent (where there are player icons), or is it part of the screen as well. I would think that the whole thing wraps around, and they just put those images in the corner.

Jan 19, 2006
Oh, Im sure Yormark is salivating at the amount of advertising space he now has with the new scoreboard :laugh:

I just see a huge digital ad (This replay brought to you by Xfinity) with a tiny postage stamp showing the actual replay in the corner of the screen... I just see it so, so clearly.... :(

Clockwork4168

#CatsAreComing
Oct 16, 2012
Hialeah, FL

Whoever goes tonight, PLEASE take some pics and videos. Im curious to know if the corners are permanent (where there are player icons), or is it part of the screen as well. I would think that the whole thing wraps around, and they just put those images in the corner.

Don't think the corners are permanent. Check this picture posted by Goldie today:

BWTomd3CYAAc7ea.jpg:large

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

The screen does wrap all the way around, it is quite impressive.

The main pregame attraction is the unveiling of the new $4.2 million scoreboard, courtesy of Broward County's Tourist Development Tax.

The giant video display was sold as a vital centerpiece to aid in luring more events to the arena. When funding was sought last spring, NHL officials promised to stage its draft weekend there within the next three years and restore South Florida to the rotation for future All-Star Weekends.

The impressive new board, 30 feet high by 40 feet wide, is cutting edge with one of the first pitched-forward, 360-degree continuous primary screens in professional sports. It features state-of-the-art 6mm LED high-definition screens, 16 feet high and extending almost 168 feet around.

Panasonic and Lighthouse Technologies built the board, designed by Anthony James Partners, to replace the trouble-prone scoreboard that hung in the arena since it opened in 1998. The final pieces were delivered last weekend, said Michael Yormark, Panthers president and CEO.

"The new scoreboard is going to be one of the nicest scoreboards in America," Yormark said. "Our staff has been working 24/7 and will absolutely be ready by opening night."

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Looks sick! Probably a digital scoreboard that will display ads across the tops and bottoms. Good marketing technique.

Offdapost*

Finally RIP that old ancient piece of crap we had for far too long

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hopefully the best part of this season wont be the scoreboard. That thing is awesome.

NJ_CATS_FAN

We Dont Suck Anymore
Mar 21, 2006
N.J.
Uh oh, thats what we needed. Now the league better watch out, we have a new scoreboard. Our PP and PK woes are over, our pathetic defense, goaltending and offense are a thing of the past! We are the Panthers and we have a new scoreboard. Now everyone can watch the replays of the garbage they've just seen on the ice in HD! Now with the new scoreboard, that will be the turnaround of the franchise!!! Why oh why am I going to subject myself to watching this soon to be blowout tonight?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Honestly, I like it more than the one in Tampa. Sure, the one in Tampa is MUCH larger, but I think it sticks out like a sore thumb, and ours looks more in place.

I agree with you. Plus, the goal zone screen size is very limited in Tampa.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I like the unveiling they did for tonight. First they announced that unfortunately due to technical difficulties, the scoreboard would not be working. They everything went dark and the did the Close Encounters of the Third Kind thing with the music. I'm uploading a ****** quality video of it to youtube now. Should have it up later tonight.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Uh oh, thats what we needed. Now the league better watch out, we have a new scoreboard. Our PP and PK woes are over, our pathetic defense, goaltending and offense are a thing of the past! We are the Panthers and we have a new scoreboard. Now everyone can watch the replays of the garbage they've just seen on the ice in HD! Now with the new scoreboard, that will be the turnaround of the franchise!!! Why oh why am I going to subject myself to watching this soon to be blowout tonight?

You should rant about the scoreboard more often! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad