New Redline Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Okay: This guy managed to write an article without slamming a certain American forward. Lets see if this thread can keep that certain someone out of the conversation! :eek: ;)

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
I'm really hoping the Minnesota Wild can pick up that certain American forward. Especially since that other forward they stole last year has played with the certain said forward previously. No need to bash either one, in my opinion......

Boris Valabik is scary. I hope the Wild can grab him if that forward has already been nabbed.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Valabik has come along very nicely this year (his first exposure to the North American game). Defensively, he's improved by leaps and bounds and I would say he is now Kitchener's #3 d-man. I can't wait to see what he does next year!

Over the past month or two, he's shown much more composure and hasn't fought near the number of times he did early on in the season. He does, however, seem to have his way with any who take him on...

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Valabik has come along very nicely this year (his first exposure to the North American game). Defensively, he's improved by leaps and bounds and I would say he is now Kitchener's #3 d-man. I can't wait to see what he does next year!

Over the past month or two, he's shown much more composure and hasn't fought near the number of times he did early on in the season. He does, however, seem to have his way with any who take him on...

I would actually call him Kitchener's #2 defenseman, as I would take him all day long over the overrated (because of softness) Matt Lashoff.

As an aside, get ready for another Kitchener monster d-man in next year's draft. Devereaux Heshmatpour is pretty raw, but he is the same height, 15 pounds heavier and considerably stronger than Boris. He is an '87 - a year younger.

JackDaniel

Dec 14, 2003
Alexander Radulov???
Any input?

Wolski?
Where the hell is he and why?

Barker?
Any other expected him to drop...?
I mean, he's not al ot better than last year!

JD

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Juan said:
I would actually call him Kitchener's #2 defenseman, as I would take him all day long over the overrated (because of softness) Matt Lashoff.
Where would you rank MacDonnell then? (I put him in the #2 spot because of size and experience, following by Valabik, Lashoff, Harrison/Hesh, Gravelding).

I disagree with your view of Lashoff though... he's played against the opposing #1 lines for most of the year. You're right, he doesn't have Valabik's edge, but he has more offensive potential. I don't think he's overrated at all. I have him as #4 because of size and size alone.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Where would you rank MacDonnell then? (I put him in the #2 spot because of size and experience, following by Valabik, Lashoff, Harrison/Hesh, Gravelding).

I disagree with your view of Lashoff though... he's played against the opposing #1 lines for most of the year. You're right, he doesn't have Valabik's edge, but he has more offensive potential. I don't think he's overrated at all. I have him as #4 because of size and size alone.

I agree on Lashoff.

Sometimes he does have a little trouble with his defensive assignments, because his size is a bit of an issue. But for the most part I think he does a good job. I really like his puck moving abilities, he's a smart offensive defenseman. He's got good wheels too.

Hopefully he beefs up a bit this offseason.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:

Let me clarify - I am not ranking the Kitchener d-men based on what the defense pairings are. I am rating them on overall quality. And MacDonnell is friggin' awful, so no way is he the Rangers' #2. He is tough in his own end but that's about it. His footwork is terrible and the puck on his stick is an adventure.

There is a reason why 20 OHL teams did not think he was good enough to play in the league before Kitchener got desperate with injuries.

Yes Lashoff has good offensive abilities, but he gets beat in the trenches and fails to pick up his man in the defensive zone far too often for my liking.

leafaholix*

Boris Valabik... :bow:

I get to see him every now and then, he's an absolute beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad