Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Here's the new one:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2004-01-22-woodlief_x.htm

Still no love for Schremp, but I noticed Drew Stafford cracked the top ten.

How does Schwarz stay in the Top 5, never mind the Top 10??

The guy couldn't do it against Canada at the U18 tourney in April where Canada won gold and he was lit up in successive games at the World Juniors vs Canada, but still hangs in at #5.

I don't understand it??.....he's small and has too many holes!!

Avery4Byng*

Blah I dont even bother with the Red Line anymore. They have a hard on for Euros and Americans.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
L3DZ3P said:
Hes not jealous hes right. :teach:

Right about what? I'm more inclined to trust a professional scout's opinion (who is Canadian by the way) over that of some xenophobic Canadians that frequent this board. Face it guys, hockey isn't just *your* game anymore. Get used to it.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Phil said:
Great to see Karsums getting some recognition.

With his style of play, if he were only a couple of inches taller, he'd be a sure-fire first rounder.

yes this guy is going to be a good one, I really think he will be a top 2 rounder come draft time. Super slick hands, exciting, great goal scorer and is a fiesty player

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
Stevex said:
Why does Pock have to be drafted - he's a Euro like Sejna?
I'm no expert on the subject, in fact I was sure Pock would be a free agent after the season. From what I've read, Sejna and Pock are in different situations because Sejna played one year in north america (USHL) before joining the NCAA, while Pock came straight from Europe. It seems to me this is still a murky situation, I'd like to see a source other than RLR state that he must be drafted.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
HabLover said:
How does Schwarz stay in the Top 5, never mind the Top 10??

The guy couldn't do it against Canada at the U18 tourney in April where Canada won gold and he was lit up in successive games at the World Juniors vs Canada, but still hangs in at #5.

I don't understand it??.....he's small and has too many holes!!

I can't believe this board. You watch a guy in two games and you think you know more than professional scouts. Both McKeens and Redline think he deserved to go top 5. He's been playing great all season and played well in the other games in the U20 tournament. He has 2 work on technique but he was a better goalie than Fleury in the tournament.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
tray said:
Blah I dont even bother with the Red Line anymore. They have a hard on for Euros and Americans.

And this board has a hard on for Canadians. Look at the poll for the 2004 draft. How is Evan McGrath 11th overall. He's a good player but he's not going to go that high with the season he's having. Sindel, Smid and Lisin should be ahead of him but there Euros.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
LOL, If I look at anything I look at Central Scouting then place some of the smaller talented players 10 to 20 spots higher. You can tell they don't like smaller players but the rest looks dead on.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Blue Bullet said:
And this board has a hard on for Canadians.

Actually, I think the boards has a balanced mix of Eurolovers, NALover and people with little bias (or other kinds of biases).

When I first got here in 98, Europeans had little love and suffered through all kind of misconceptions by the masses. Then from 2000-2002 it was a reversal and the Joe-fan had a hard-on for anything European.

Lately, I have seen less of that and it seems there is a healthy mix on all sides.

Dr_Chimera*

Vlad The Impaler said:
When I first got here in 98, Europeans had little love and suffered through all kind of misconceptions by the masses. Then from 2000-2002 it was a reversal and the Joe-fan had a hard-on for anything European.

I turned this place around, Vlad;)

Dr_Chimera*

JasonMacIsaac said:
DRC, where do you live, Russia seems to be your favorite country but for some reason I though you lived in Canada.

No, I live in Ottawa. I dodged yet I still quietly cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->