new RBK stick

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I used one last weekend and I was not impressed. I was on the ice with a reporter that got one to test and write and article about it. I normally use a xxx lite, the rbk stick felt heavy and thick. I think it's all hype at this point.

Try it before you buy it...

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
As a defender, I like heavier sticks better then light ones, is this a one-peice?

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
ya its one peice...but its 250

id much rather spend 179 on the Synergy Elite or the new Vector 10.0

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
Sheesh, Thats way too much for a one-peice stick.

I'll stay with my Montreals thank you very much.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
I found out about this over 2 months ago and told everyone on my team. The company that had the meeting also sold the idea to Prince tennis. They put holes like that around the actual racket. They also did it for racquetball rackets and croiket rackets. The company with O-tech is also making lacrosse sticks and field hockey sticks, but they're currently patent pending. If anyone wants to call my bluff that I've known about this for a while I'd be more than happy to post a pic of a piece of a tennis racket that they gave us.

But yeah, this is probably one of the biggest upgrades to sticks in a long time and it's got me excited.

Edit: I'm a Materials Science and Engineering major at Rutgers, so this stuff is right up my alley...

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
It's nice if you don't mind when the blade breaks you can't cut it off and replace it.

Personally I think it's dumb as all hell but then again I've never even touched one.

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
Looks like bad news to me. Easier to break= $$$

Yeah, I think it should be pretty obvious that's all that RBK thinks about. Even in alot of their other sticks, they have little triangle designs above the blade so that if you cut it, you can't put another blade in. They want them to break and make you buy another.

I'm an Easton guy =p who's warrior-curious haha.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
well i might have to go for the sickkick because they are offering a Bergeron curve next year...and well...my avatar says the rest

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Wouldn't say easier to break...isn't the reason for the holes is to strengthen the area around it? Arch shape= strong structure?

That's exactly what the guy said at the meeting I went to. In theory and also through testing it should break less. It's not like they cut out the holes. The piece of stick between the holes are like pure composite, not hollow like a general shaft. The cost should be high because for those that don't know, making a shaft, you basically make the shaft, heat it in a mold, put a bladder in it, fill it with air and cool it and it melts and forms the shape. This is more complicated cause you have to work the holes out, increasing the cost a bit, but they said its not that much. But from all I've seen its still just as strong, if not stronger, less likely to break at that bending point, and less drag(though air drag doesn't effect it too much).

Last edited:

marylands_finest

Jan 22, 2007
the holes are mainly to decrease force against wind...they were put there so the stick can cut through the air better while still getting a good amount of flex. the structure does have something to do with it but hte main concept behind this stick is to increase speed easier...just my .02

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Is that sarcasm:sarcasm:

Cause it's not for aerodynamics...I mean if it was such a problem guys would be cranking out 100MPH shots. And with a inch wide shaft, I doubt cutting out 1/3" holes would do much.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
The holes are also designed to prevent the stick from wearing down, if your a player who flexes the stick a lot when you shoot, you may notice after a while the stick doesn't have the same whip it used to, the holes will prevent this from happening.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
the holes are mainly to decrease force against wind...they were put there so the stick can cut through the air better while still getting a good amount of flex. the structure does have something to do with it but hte main concept behind this stick is to increase speed easier...just my .02

Is that sarcasm:sarcasm:

Cause it's not for aerodynamics...I mean if it was such a problem guys would be cranking out 100MPH shots. And with a inch wide shaft, I doubt cutting out 1/3" holes would do much.

Though the drag from air is reduced, its barely noticeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->