OT: New Oiler's T.V. Reporter

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Love it. I've met Tony a few times through ball hockey(he's a fantastic player there FWIW) and he's a great guy who absolutely loves the team. Knew when I saw him announced as the new guy he'd absolutely kill it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that Tom Gazzola's brother still works for Oilers.com after what happened between Tom and the Oilers?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that Tom Gazzola's brother still works for Oilers.com after what happened between Tom and the Oilers?

What happened between Tom and the Oilers?

BTW...I like Tony better then Tom. :nod:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What happened between Tom and the Oilers?

BTW...I like Tony better then Tom. :nod:

Nothing was ever revealed but there was some chat on Twitter and reddit about how sudden the split was. Tom also hasn't exactly been kind to the Oilers organization afterwards either.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nothing was ever revealed but there was some chat on Twitter about how sudden the split was. Tom also hasn't exactly been kind to the Oilers organization afterwards either.

I thought his departure seemed sudden but I hadn't heard anything about what might have happened.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I thought his departure seemed sudden but I hadn't heard anything about what might have happened.

There are some rumours out there if you look for them. Not going to post them here.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I always thought Gazzola looked like somebody reporting for his junior high av club. I’ve got nothing against him personally but it didn’t look like a professional production with him in it. I feel the same way about Kyle Buakakus (sp?).

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Seems great, but honestly I dont really pay attention to the reporter, im focused solely on what the player is saying. Unless they are also the head (or co) anchor and named Ron Burgundy of course.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I agree, he seems good so far. Gazzola to me came across as a little smug and trying too hard, and interviews sometimes seemed uncomfortable or awkward. Tony Brar is a bit more of a natural and just seems like a nice guy. Haven't really watched him interview anybody yet though.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Should have some props for Jessica Kent as well imo.
Thought she did a great job on the pre season interviews - in particular the interview with Brodziak.
Very relaxed. Smart questions. A big step up on what I've seen in past seasons.

Reactions: bone and Alberta

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Should have some props for Jessica Kent as well imo.
Thought she did a great job on the pre season interviews - in particular the interview with Brodziak.
Very relaxed. Smart questions. A big step up on what I've seen in past seasons.

I agree, she does a good job.

Reactions: bone

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I know Tony well. One of the nicest guys in the industry I've worked with & he's nailing it so far. Good for him.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
Tony is a good - is genuinely a nice person without any ulterior motives. I believe he did started his career in Thunder Bay and then returned back to Edmonton to work for the Oilers.

Wish him success in this new position.

Here's a video of Tony doing his magic

Agree - Jessica Kent seems like a natural as well.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014

Unsubstantiated rumours do no one good, especially since it could hurt his career. I would delete these posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad