Music: New NIN EP - Add Violence

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Trent has officially added Aticus Ross (who he has been doing tons of movie work with including the upcoming Patriots Day) as the second permanent member of NIN and they are releasing this new EP which is available via presale now for Dec 23rd download.

Seems to be a mixed medium project with a visual component that will be shipped in January. From the website

THE INTENTION OF THIS RECORD IS FOR IT TO EXIST IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD, JUST LIKE YOU. CHOOSING THIS PACKAGE GETS YOU THE DIGITAL FILES AND WE WILL SHIP THE PROPER PHYSICAL COMPONENT TO YOUR HOUSE FOR YOU TO DEAL WITH, WHILE VERY LIMITED SUPPLIES LAST.

tracklist+

https://store.nin.com/collections/music

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Second of three related EPs out end of July.

http://pitchfork.com/news/73998-nine-inch-nails-announce-new-ep/

Nine Inch Nails have announced a new EP, which will arrive this year “before the first shows” of their planned tour dates. The news was relayed to fans via an email from Trent Reznor, which Pitchfork can confirm; the full text of it can be found here. “DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART? NOW YOU DO,” a part of the message reads, referring to the band’s 2016 release Not the Actual Events EP. If that schedule holds, we should see the second installment of the three-EP trilogy before July 23 (the first scheduled Nine Inch Nails tour date at FYF Fest in Los Angeles), and the final release near the end of the calendar year.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
He has released CDs for stuff like this in the past, if I recall both Ghost and The Slip were digital only first and then become available on CD.

I'm fairly certain I was able to immedately order Ghosts and The Slip on CD as soon as I received emails about them.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'm fairly certain I was able to immedately order Ghosts and The Slip on CD as soon as I received emails about them.

The Slip is the seventh studio album by American industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails, released on July 22, 2008 by The Null Corporation. It was the fourth consecutive Nine Inch Nails release to be produced by frontman Trent Reznor with collaborators Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder. The album was released for free under a Creative Commons (BY-NC-SA) license, with the message from Reznor, "this one's on me". The Slip was initially released digitally via the Nine Inch Nails official website without any prior advertisement or promotion. A limited-edition, physical version followed two months later, though this iteration of the album was not free.

I believe Ghost was the same kind of deal. Ghost I was free to download and if you bought it you got I to IV on cd.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I believe Ghost was the same kind of deal. Ghost I was free to download and if you bought it you got I to IV on cd.

I think your quoted piece confirms what I was saying. i received the email, saw that it was only available digitally at the time, but in two months the CD would be coming out, so I preordered the CD.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The second EP in the series is up for pre-sale with a July 21st release called "Add Violence". First single is called "Less Than". It is again available in digital + physical component along with a vinyl version.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Got my physical component. It's interesting haven't' read the whole thing yet but it is not full of black dust this time! It comes with a bunch of ADD VIOLENCE stickers and some other hard labels that say SUBMISSION, AMPLIFIED CHAOS and DISORDER. The inside of the booklet is written as if computer coding.

Will post picture when done work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad