New NIKE Hockey Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Check out the new campaign they have. It is centered around the Flexlite 12 skate.

http://www.nikehockey.ca

It's interesting to note, that although Naslund is their main endorser, there is no mention of him, nor the NHL anywhere. Simply his face.

http://www.nike.com/canada/nikehockey/english/downloads/nikehockey-1024wp3.jpg

Check out that wallpaper too. Who's that behind Naslund?

EDIT: Actually there is mention of Naslund. The guy behind Naslund is Iginla of all people. Didn't look like him. I thought Iginla would be a Reebok guy, after wearing their gear in the World CUp.

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
I don't know if it's is just for the website, but the zombie eye thing looks really strange.

EDIT: I think the reason it doesn't look like Iginla in the non-zombie -eyed photo is because the lighting makes his skin look a lot darker than usual, and the face is kind of blurry.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I've downloaded the screensaver as mine... you wouldnt believe how many people got spooked when they saw it while I was away.

I think it's a cross between the Ring and Hockey... imagine seeing Naslund before you die...

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
And Nike continues their reign of consistently bad websites.

Also, this isn't a new campaign, it's simply a new website because so many people complaing about the old one, and even so the new website has been up for at least 4-5 months now.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
This isn't all that much of a suprise. Hockey doesn't quite have a Labron James that one can make a big advertising campaign around. Plus with the lockout and limited hockey coverage having serious ads running wont really help.

I saw Reebox (sp) has gone out and signed some big name beyond the Crosby. Modano, Pronger..... are now wearing Reebox skates.... Will wonders never cease?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Frenzy1 said:
This isn't all that much of a suprise. Hockey doesn't quite have a Labron James that one can make a big advertising campaign around. Plus with the lockout and limited hockey coverage having serious ads running wont really help.

I saw Reebox (sp) has gone out and signed some big name beyond the Crosby. Modano, Pronger..... are now wearing Reebox skates.... Will wonders never cease?
Modano needed to make the change, so he could make some $$$ he has a dog you know...the poor thing has to eat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad